2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

We got NARPs. You got NARPs around here? New-Age Rural Professionals? Out cruising the back-roads in their old green carryalls with their Volvo station wagon car stereos, blaring meditation music out into the wilderness. It’s a conscience. Whole place lightning-struck by the peripatetic ruminations of the Tibetan ruling class in exile, ahh. Gotta lot of Buddhists around there.

–Utah Philips

3 Likes

Someone is afraid of what she might reveal.

10 Likes

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean by that?

6 Likes

They’ve kept saying over and over whenever he does something vaguely competent- “today is the day he became presznit”

7 Likes

I guess it is too late for a Warren/Harris ticket. Or maybe Warren/Harris/Duckworth running as a threefer.

2 Likes

The problem with a Warren/Harris ticket is that the Democratic primary voters preferred Biden (and Bernie) to either of them.

I know I’m late to comment, but I want see what happens when he realises that there is more oestrogen in beer.

12 Likes

A lot of people who are protesting police brutality view Kamala Harris as just another cop. She is not the woman that we need right now.

17 Likes

They were forced to, using 5G mind rays, by the coven that secretly controls the DNC.

1 Like

Is he perhaps signaling that if she avoids discussing his frank or who he franked, there might be a pardon or similar in the air?

9 Likes

Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Georgia, and sometimes Texas.

6 Likes
10 Likes

At least Michigan isn’t on the list this time. Every registered voter received an absentee ballot application in June. I’ve opted in, and already cast my August ballot.

8 Likes

Trump is not concerned with the presidency as we know it; he has gone beyond that. A presidency with its limits on stature, power and years in office does not interest or appeal to Trump. Trump wants much more than a simple and limited four or eight year as president. Trump is making way for the greatest gamble. He is betting everything on this hand. To succeed is virtually unlimited wealth and power, to fail is to risk humiliation, prison, bankruptcy, or worse. Trump, from all appearances, is now ready to make his final push. Trump knows that he cannot win the election, so he is preparing to sabotage the election. This is where his last 3 ½ years have been spent, on cueing-up for his final coup.

9 Likes
2 Likes

i just don’t think that’s the way he works.

gambling means you recognize there’s rules to the game, and that there’s a possibility to lose. he just pushes like a toddler – not even conceiving of rules or loss – until someone makes him stop. and the only people who can make him stop ( barring mass street protests ) aren’t currently willing to.

8 Likes

Wow, that’s so insane it makes you wonder if Kanye might be half as bad as the current president!

3 Likes

Trump is still an enigma to me. Sometimes I think such conceptions of him as a doddering manbaby are right, and other times I think he may have a broader fascist vision in mind, and is working more or less purposefully towards it.

I hear a former wife said he had a copy of Mein Kampf on his nightstand, but maybe it was really a copy of My Sippy Cup. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

The more I read, the more this seems like Putin’s playbook. The “stable genius” can’t make it through a press conference without contradicting himself - multiple times. My question is, who over here is also pulling the strings, and what’s the best way to cut them before it’s too late? :thinking:

6 Likes

15 Likes