2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Certainly could be placebo. A self inflicted hormonal imbalance is certainly a good candidate to being susceptible to the effect. That said, her doc is not exactly the alternative healing type so who knows.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe. I mean, I suppose it might work. But it’s still no reason for men to think drinking soy milk will make their balls shrivel away (or whatever other sad fears of emasculation some of them suffer from).

8 Likes

If that were true then I would be a great choir singer as my go to tv snack is edemame.

5 Likes

Just saw this, and hope the Biden campaign and the media will raise the alarm before it undermines mail-in ballots. There is no depth to which 45’s administration will not sink to further his agenda:

13 Likes

https://www.businessinsider.com/reagan-foundation-tells-trump-to-stop-using-ex-presidents-image-2020-7?amp

The Reagan Foundation has told the Trump campaign and RNC to stop using the ex-president’s image

12 Likes

At this point, both living and dead former Republican Presidents are making sure their names and memories aren’t tarnished orange.

They should just rename the party Trump-McC and be honest about it.

11 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes

This might have already been mentioned here.
There is probably going to be a poll worker shortage. So if you are in a position, health and work wise, to be a poll worker please consider it. Most places do pay poll workers, though probably not much. I don’t know what effect that would have on unemployment benefits.
I’m looking into it myself.
ETA powerthepolls.org has info and can connect you with your local election official’s office. In some jurisdictions, teens as young as 16 can be poll workers.

9 Likes

Fuck it. Fuck this whole system.

7 Likes

I suppose a good thing is that 36 is higher than it would’ve been without Sanders’s runs for president.

9 Likes

The full deliberation and vote of the committee is online here:

Now it goes to the 4000 conventioneers for ratification and or amendment.

Single-payer NHS was a historical mainstay of the DNC platform, up until the DLC. It is inevitable.

I guess it makes sense that there was slightly more support for legalizing weed than there was for healthcare for all. The weed industry has lobbyists. Healthcare for all is just for all us peasants.

6 Likes

This is why I voted against legalizing marijuana in Ohio. The way the measure was written, it would essentially create a cartel among the Taft family, Nick Lachey, and a few other people who definitely do not need the money, while freezing out just about everybody else. So a select few would profit off of it while it essentially remained illegal :confused:

And then there’s medical marijuana, which has long been used as a dodge to get recreational marijuana. Not to say that MMJ isn’t important in its own right.

6 Likes
14 Likes

If no one was concerned about foreign elements making “giant reservations” and then not staying in the rooms they payed for, well, I guess this won’t be much of a splash…

11 Likes

14 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

She’s always been Biden’s most probable pick: a younger woman of colour who’s also a centrist with a law-and-order prosecutorial background. So basically an establishment ticket that’s not going to inspire new progressive voters to come out to the polls but that will do well with the insider blocs.

Meanwhile, Biff’s campaign is already working on its Electoral College strategy (the same broken EC that Clinton’s 2016 campaign forgot to take into account).

[Note to Biden campaign: this does not mean “ignore Michigan, we got it locked!”]

11 Likes