2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Yeah he’ll probably pick her then.

6 Likes

It took me a moment to see it:

19 Likes

It would be interesting to see the deer-in-headlights moment where the Trump campaign has to decide whether or not to go after her for it. Do they play to their evangelical base, and risk offending scientology as a whole, which has a lot of ultra-wealthy, celebrity, erm, eccentric people who may also lean toward Trump.

9 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

How can you criticize someone for ambition when they’re running for higher office? You might as well criticize them for breathing. The only potential running mate without any obvious ambition is Bass, and she’s apparently Scientology-adjacent.

7 Likes

Yes, I thought Ambition was a base attribute for the Politician class. Like, you have to roll an unmodified 16 just to choose Politician. Granted, I thought Charisma was important too, but I guess I was wrong about that…

5 Likes

How is that even news? Of course the supporters of various candidates for VP are going to be making their case to the Biden team, and trying to talk down the other potential candidates. I’d be surprised if that hadn’t been happening for the past three months.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Funnily enough, just squatting in the White House does not make you the President, or give you any kind of power or protection from justice. The minute after his successor takes office, Trump can and will be removed against his will.

11 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

“Ambitious” is for men, obviously. An ambitious woman? Terrifying! (/s)

14 Likes

Bonus points if he gets hogtied by the feds and carried out for everyone to see on camera.

12 Likes

Or, since he’s already had big walls put up around it, just lock him in there. Cut off power, water, sewer, internet, drop a Faraday cage over it and write it off.

12 Likes

And release the hounds inside.

9 Likes

[insert Montgomery Burns gif here]

3 Likes

Trump campaign has a campaign rep on Ari Melbar - they’re definitely feeling desperate if they’re showing up on msnbc.

9 Likes

Only if the hounds have bees in their mouths!

8 Likes

"Ambitious” is for men, obviously. An ambitious woman? Terrifying! (/s)

must control the wimmens!

( and, seriously, it sounds like that’s what they’re concerned about: whether they will be able to influence her should biden leave the picture. )

8 Likes

i’ll see your bees, and raise you murder hornets

too bad it’s the wrong washington :confused:

( edit: darn onebox. here’s from cnn. )

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/us/murder-hornet-trapped-washington-state-trnd/index.html

5 Likes