2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

It was just reported that Melania won’t be going to today’s Erie, PA event as she’s still sick. Coughing- not feeling well.

Guess Donnie didn’t care if she got the treatments he did.

15 Likes

Dog, I hate writing this, but she said she was offered the same treatment but declined.

9 Likes

great idea for anytime that isn’t a pandemic.

admit i didn’t read the article but how did people keep distant, keep their masks on, not exchange germs through dirty hands, and keep their place in line?

5 Likes

It took too many clicks to get there, but it turns out she donated to this group:

Who then sent the pizza.
I’m not sure how they handle the logistics you asked about, though. I didn’t dig around their site enough. Photos look pre-COVID times.

7 Likes

14 Likes

Fox News having a normal one today.

12 Likes

Is Hannity…Bronx Bronze?

7 Likes

He wishes- Seanie’s a Hempstead boy.

6 Likes

Oh absolutely. All of his biggest toadies have taken to wearing the same shitty bronzer. It’s like a stupider version of the Stepford Wives, but with even more misogyny.

13 Likes

An interesting look at the court in this decision:

https://www.inquirer.com/wires/ap/high-court-allows-3-day-extension-pennsylvania-ballots-20201019.html

6 Likes

I guess Hannity is inviting people to start filming outside his home now. He lives in Oyster Bay, Long Island when he’s in NY.

I’m sure the neighbors will love his fans hanging out and filming all hours of the day and night.

6 Likes

In other words, I could easily be wrong about Gorsuch. Shit.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I could listen to Sam Eliott read a medication warning label…

9 Likes

As a Californian I was surprised to see Kanye’s name on my ballot since he missed the deadline here. But apparently he was surprised as well! The segregationist American Independent Party selected him as their vice presidential candidate without his knowledge or permission:

So that begs the question: if California election laws allow 3rd parties to select whoever they want as candidates, without seeking permission first, what’s to stop them from selecting more popular people that might siphon off significant numbers of votes from major party candidates? Michelle Obama, or Bernie Sanders for example? A non-zero number of left-leaning voters who aren’t thrilled about Biden would potentially jump at the opportunity to vote for such candidates without realizing they were being played. Maybe even enough people to make a difference in a close race. (Not that we expect California to be close anytime soon, fortunately.)

9 Likes
17 Likes

What in the actual fucketing fuck?

13 Likes

They could even put Biden himself as the Vice-Presidential candidate and just siphon off people who don’t look closely enough.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I saw that when I was filling out my ballot. I still believe that Kanye knows that he was nominated as VP, but has absolutely no idea what this party stands for.

He wouldn’t be the only person. IIRC, many people who wanted to register as an independent in previous elections mistakenly chose this affiliation due to name of the party. And you can bet that they count on the confusion.

11 Likes

Despite the $1.75 billion Katzenberg and co-founder and CEO Meg Whitman raised, Quibi burst onto the scene with more of a whimper than a bang.

Think this will factor into the Biden campaign vetting Whitman to be a cabinet member?

7 Likes