2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Probably not.

Look guys - if you feel the need to appoint a Republican- don’t put them anywhere important.

Is there a Secretary of weights and measures?

8 Likes

I’m not even a Republican and I can think of at least three different ways to scam Weights & Measures…

12 Likes

Follow up: my ballot has politely notified me that it has made it the 100 yds from the drop box to the county clerk/registrars office and is ready to be counted!

13 Likes

In NM, the weights and measures are under the secretary of Agriculture. The current secretary of Ag was held over from governor Susanna Martinez ® to current governor Lujan-Grisham.

1 Like

Woo! I got the same message earlier today!

9 Likes

Just watched Obama speak - damn!

13 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2020/10/21/aramark-layoffs-event-venues-stadiums-pandemic.html

Aramark lays off thousands at idle Pennsylvania stadiums, event venues

That’s tons of people out of work- with no stimulus or worker support. Crap.

Not a good look Donnie.

12 Likes

Did you honk your horn? (I’m jealous.)

5 Likes

I watched it from the couch. No honking - rumbly tummy aside.

8 Likes

Surely nothing to worry about, right? Why do I suspect Il Douche will not want to talk about this.

12 Likes

Supreme Court says, “fuck the ADA and elderly” today.

14 Likes

God, even the misquoted part still makes Biden look a million leagues better than Trump. There’s no equivalence to be drawn in: “Sure, Trump was looking out for Trump’s interests in the pandemic instead of doing what scientists said, but Biden might worry about starving children instead of doing what the scientists say!”

12 Likes

See what happens when the GoP ignores election security.

13 Likes

hopefully we don’t. cause their point in ignoring it is to win.

5 Likes

Sarcasm? It helps his narrative greatly that some enemy states are working against him and not just for him.

Obviously so

10 Likes

I think these results match the overall polling pretty well. Ie., the people who already were precommitted to supporting Trump see him as a winner, vs. everyone else.

4 Likes

Work against Trump? That is a ridiculous right wing spin to this. Nobody outside the far right blogosphere buys that. I would much sooner put my trust in the multitudes of career intelligence officers who think otherwise.

11 Likes

Of course, some folks aren’t willing to let the voters decide.

Only the finest, eh?

13 Likes

Both sides.

8 Likes