2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

When I travel on government work I need to find rooms at the GSA per Diem rate. I can’t believe they were renting out rooms for $182…that was the rate in 2017.

4 Likes

Naturally Trump is angrily demanding the names of the congresspeople who dare to acknowledge reality.

11 Likes

“I read the Fake News Washington Post as little as possible!” insists the man going apoplectic over a story published in the Washington Post.

10 Likes

Cowards, the lot of them.

4 Likes

What blows me away is that, even with 25 saying Biden won, at least 6 of them still support 45’s little coup attempt. WTF?

9 Likes

30 Likes

The people saying Trump won, or they support Trump, are idiots and/or fascists, but at least they have the courage to be awful openly. The mass of “no answer” ones are just lickspittles and spineless scum with neither honesty or courage. Technically, they’re probably not nearly as dangerous as the openly anti-democratic ones, but it’s hard to argue they aren’t even more detestable.

8 Likes
12 Likes

Hegemony!

5 Likes

One of these “gatherings” is going to turn violent. There will be blood shed. How long until these asshats get the domestic terrorist label they so richly deserve?

13 Likes

JFC. They have quite literally no shame.

Among the chants was, “Say his name, Trump,” which is a play on a popular chant used to remember the names of victims of police brutality including George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Rough day for the Michigan kraken. Court order helpfully broken down in this thread:

17 Likes

And the Georgia kraken was killed today:

15 Likes

Calamari

14 Likes

Stacy Abrams has Supernatural powers

8 Likes

Felt just as good as the first time. [Lights cigarette]

fail

18 Likes

Texas suing other states for election fraud. Now I really have seen everything.

17 Likes

I see what they (Politico) did there…

10 Likes

Checks & balances!

5 Likes

I briefly fell into to a twitter lawyer rabbit hole, but I feel better now. This is a motion seeking permission to file suit, but Texas does not lay out any reasons why they would have standing here. Apparently Texas would have to explain how it’s possible that lower level courts are unable to deal with cases questioning state election laws. In fact, 44 cases have been brought, and dismissed in the defendant states, among other states (which negates the “novel” standing Texas is attempting to assert). SCOTUS doesn’t have any sort of required timeline for considering this motion, so they could simply choose to ignore it until Jan. 21, 2021, at which point the motion is moot.

13 Likes