7 Likes
12 Likes

Nooooooo! Bugs: “Not this dam Jacque!”

16 Likes

more of this plz, thnx

8 Likes

No, no, not that!

6 Likes

It’s the right-wing version of “the worse the better”, which in practise always amounts to “the better the worse”.

5 Likes

How long before we hear Trump claim, “Well you know I never really wanted a second term. It’s not like I was trying.”?

6 Likes

“I shat myself on purpose”?

11 Likes

Well, that is not what the PA Supreme Court or the Secretary of the Election Board thought.

Here’s the PA SC judgment:

1589ec07-66e0-485c-b9be-9f7a03e99643-1.pdf (465.1 KB)

And the relevant legislation cited:

That sets the time limit. Posted, dropped off, whatever.

This says that time limit is extended for military overseas ballots:

https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-25-pacsa-elections/pa-csa-sect-25-3511.html

That does not apply to non military ballots. That is why the Secretary went to court in the first place. To get an extension on the same terms for all absent ballots.

Except it didn’t decide whether the ruling was correct. It only decided that the USSC wasn’t going to overturn it without full argument as an emergency measure before the election. In practice that may well amount to the same thing but legally it is rather different.

Oddly enough I’m quite aware that the USSC doesn’t give a toss for my opinion. And I don’t have a view on whether the decision was valid. I just wanted to know whether there was anything about these particular votes being called ‘late arriving’ that was wrong.

Then we got into this whole side discussion about why the Trump campaign might be running these cases other than being complete idiots.

I tried to suggest a reason. You’re welcome to think it’s rubbish, I’m not wedded to it but if you’re going to argue the law with me, I’d appreciate a bit less snark and more actual legal argument.

It is irrelevant to the outcome of this election. It’s still potentially extremely important for any future elections.

Much as I wish all this crap were over, it’ll be a while until Trump is gone and even once he is, the people who supported and enabled him will be still there.

Which means it is considered correct for now. There is no other way to interpret the court letting a decision stand.

4 Likes

Um, thanks for providing links that reinforce my point? I guess?

The law of the land going into the election, as per your citation and votespa.com prior to the election, which hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians counted upon to guide them in when to mail their ballots, was that mail-in ballots postmarked by 8PM on Nov. 3 would be accepted by 8PM on Nov 6.

It’s safe to say that asking to change the rules after the election knowingly and (against the Pennsylvania Constitution) egregiously disenfranchises voters.

Thus, finally, those votes were not late. They were right on time according to the law at the time of the election.

So let’s stop calling them late, OK?

8 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

7 Likes

I’m not saying that Trump’s judicial picks aren’t going to fuck up America, because I think they are. They are likely not, however, stooges. They are egotistical and untouchable, and if Trump thought they owed him a favour, Trump is now finding out that it’s more like they used Trump as a ladder that they are now happy to kick away.

No kidding. I hate people acting like the election results changed between election night and the following Saturday. The results were what they were. They hadn’t been fully measured yet.

I will be so pleased. And I’d like to say that it’s because of the good things that will happen to America, but it’s actually just because I want to see Mitch McConnell realize that riding the Trump train fucked them. Deep down I’m just an asshole.

15 Likes

Poor Donnie is too depressed to get out of bed. So sad.

12 Likes

I’ve personally seen narcissists, in the face of irrefutable defeat, go through a period of total collapse.

So, in the case of this one: :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

It’s fun to watch how he keeps letting his own supporters down.

11 Likes
15 Likes

I hope there’s also a steady, depressing rain pissing down on them.

11 Likes