2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

14 Likes

The embarrassment continues. This is flat-earther stuff.

14 Likes

That’s pretty much exactly what I would expect from someone too nuts even for the Trump legal team.

10 Likes

This was one of those cases I actually did a google search for verifying news stories before I shared this with someone (of course it all checked out, though I wished I could find a link to the actual filling, I hate that news media doesn’t do this).

In Trumpland very little is hard to believe. “Distrcoict” is hard to believe.

16 Likes

Guess they hadn’t had their second cup of cofveve yet.

14 Likes

She seems so incompetent. The thing that makes me most nervous about that image is the almost empty battery icon.

8 Likes

Posting mostly because watching Fetterman gives me great joy. I so want this guy in the Senate!

14 Likes

I think some koolaid was spilled on the keyboard. Sticky keys, happens to the best of us. /s

4 Likes

It is on her website. The kraken releaser one @FlyerJack screenshotted above. I haven’t found it anywhere else.

here’s the Georgia one:

COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf (694.9 KB)

The scary thing is even with the typos it’s a far more competent filing than most of these have been. Not in the sense that it has any merit but it’s a technically competent bit of pleading.

It sets out the facts it asserts, it refers to the evidence it claims supports those facts (I haven’t bothered to hunt down the affidavits to see if they do say anything like what the filing says they do), it cites relevant legislation and cases.

Just by hitting those marks, it’s about 100% better than many of the others.

Which just goes to show bad those were.

4 Likes

There is a segment of the human population that believes misspellings like that, and this one:

… etc. … are intentional and fraught with meaning.

I wish I were kidding.

https://www.qanonanonymous.com/

Their intro, a Soundcloud embed on their homepage, has some interview clips in the first few minutes in case you don’t want to listen to the rest of the horror. I didn’t know that intentional misspellings as a kind of signalling to these folks were a thing.

ETA: Onebox isn’t working so here:

https://www.qanonanonymous.com/ 
5 Likes

yeah, but I think we all broke that code a while ago. it just says…
“drink more Ovaltine”, duh!

5 Likes

More spelling errors in filings - bad format etc.

But:

“ And here is a curveball. One of the 7 plaintiffs listed in the Georgia election filing NEVER AGREED TO BE PART OF IT! Here is his statement:”

“ AND to add to the meshugas, Twitter has labeled Powell’s website ‘unsafe’. If you click on the link, you get an error message that states: “The link you are trying to access has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially spammy or unsafe, in accordance with Twitter’s URL Policy.” It further states that the URL could fall into one of these categories: “malicious links that could steal personal information or harm electronic devices, spammy links that mislead people or disrupt their experience, violent or misleading content that could lead to real-world harm and certain categories of content that, if posted directly on Twitter, are a violation of the Twitter Rules.”

11 Likes

potentially spammy [with] spammy links

Mmmmm, spam links and spam spam!

20 Likes

The Qanon crowd is already trying to say all those spelling errors were part of an intentional and ingenious ploy that is working exactly as intended because now the left-wing media is covering a story that they otherwise would have ignored.

If Trump was spotted wandering pants-less across the White House lawn at 3am screaming racist epithets about salamanders then all his followers would simply nod knowingly and assure themselves that this, too, was all part of the plan.

18 Likes
12 Likes

I am not a lawyer but I don’t think it’s a good sign when a judge starts a whole section of his written opinion of your case with “We could stop here […] Still, for completeness…”

ETA: The judge writing the opinion dismissing the Pennsylvania case as “meritless” was a Trump appointee too. Ouch.

20 Likes

Isn’t that an offense worthy of disbarment?

12 Likes

I doubt anyone will get disbarred over that particular part since the guy gave them an out by publicly stating he thinks it was an honest miscommunication. My impression is that he doesn’t want to get dragged down in this election challenge debacle, but he’s also trying to avoid directly challenging the administration or its allies. Typical chickenshit Republican politician just trying to keep his head down until Trump is gone.

14 Likes

It’s funny to see him hurt himself this way

24 Likes

Except he didn’t pay squat. He conned his followers out of, not just the $3M, but millions more that went into his own pocket and into the RNC fund, if we go by the T&Cs of that fundraiser.

15 Likes