2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

That is what I was looking for. Thank you.

2 Likes

That he’s pretending to be southern, but blowing it? He probably meant howdy-do.

4 Likes

FTA:

They are not a statistically perfect sample of the electorate. They will not check every box or speak to every possible viewpoint of the roughly 160 million Americans who voted this year. What they will do, both individually and collectively, is provide a depth of perspective that cannot be captured in infographic maps or exit polls or social media posts.

Ok ok we get it already, this is not some statistically randomized sampling here. Free pass, Tim Alberta, we get it.

As I have learned in the article and in real life, Trumpers aren’t monolithic either.

Some attend church regularly, some don’t. Some are white, some are not white. Some have advanced academic degrees and professional acronyms separated by commas after their names, some barely succeeded in graduating from high school.

They do seem united in their implacable inability to…

… or their willingness to carve out bizarre, poorly-reasoned exceptions thereof.

Attention Overton Window: clean up in Aisle 1 (… 2, 3, 4, ∞ … )!
There’s just been so much shifting of the thing in the past 5 years.

WTF do we hafta do to nudge it back? Sheeesh 2020 has sucked monumentally, and yet I had thought that ripping babies out of the loving arms of undocumented migrant families in years previous was among the worst of Cult45’s crimes against humanity.

Y’all count the days 'til xmas or kwanzaa or solstice.
I’m counting the days 'til :tangerine: :clown_face: is dragged from the White House.

I might just start sleeping all the way through the night again. Who knows.

9 Likes

Or just revel in the chaos caused by a regime that rejects the institutions of liberal democracy, confident (often falsely) that they’ll be the last to take the consequences of the outcome.

5 Likes

much like the “college of cardinals” who gather together to elect a pope.

5 Likes

They are consistent.
They are on-brand.
It’s whole anti-mask-wearin’ crowd during the pandemic ethos, playing out in politics instead of public health.

You nailed it.

2 Likes

“ In the letter sent on to Fox News, Smartmatic accused the network of a “disinformation campaign”:

Fox News has engaged in a concerted disinformation campaign against Smartmatic. Fox News told its millions of viewers and readers that Smartmatic was founded by Hugo Chávez, that its software was designed to fix elections, and that Smartmatic conspired with others to defraud the American people and fix the 2020 U.S. election by changing, inflating, and deleting votes. While Fox News holds itself out as a trusted news source, it has continually and repeatedly published demonstrably false information and defamatory statements about Smartmatic. Fox News used its anchors and on-air guests, including Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, to spread lies about a company that had absolutely nothing to do with the voting that took place in areas at the heart of the “conspiracies” discussed following the 2020 U.S. election.”

“ In its letter to Fox News, Smartmatic estimated its losses from the “disinformation campaign” in revenue and valuation are in “the hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars.”

Smartmatic is demanding a retraction from Fox News by Tuesday, December 15 (that’s tomorrow). Should the network refuse, the firm said it has “retained legal counsel that has brought some of the largest defamation matters in U.S. history” and is exploring legal action.”

I don’t see a retraction- let’s see what tomorrow brings.

13 Likes

When and where does the “college of electors” gather together to anoint a president and vice-president?

Spoiler: never, nowhere, and they don’t. And if they were in college, wouldn’t a dean or chancellor discipline them? I was always careful on my college campuses.

IMHO with electors, ‘college’ was a preferred term over ‘clusterfuck’ or ‘fraternity’. Which raises (not ‘begs’) the question: What state first had a female elector, and when? Gargling the Google doesn’t show any appropriate hits.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here.

10 Likes

The answers to those questions are easily found.

6 Likes

Hoo boy…

12 Likes

With every passing day more fascists emerge from the woodwork.

8 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

We done here?

13 Likes

20 Likes

10 Likes

We shall see, but I am hearing more noise of the sort than I would like from actual politicians, rather than TV professional assholes. I am still in the “nah, the military would never go long with it” camp, but I will feel better when is done and gone.

5 Likes

but wearing a mask while shopping, now there’s the real slip towards totalitarianism

18 Likes

Why, you’re a fascist for even suggesting such a thing… /s

10 Likes

Now they’re saying…

20 Likes

Sen. Peters says hearing on claims of election fraud ‘gives a platform to conspiracy theories’

8 Likes