2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

I didn’t know about the 1982 settlement and it made me think of all the people who ever argue that we’re “done” with any of these issues. Getting equal rights or worker protections or any of that is never “done.” The minute we let down our guard, they’re ready to take it all away again.
(I know you know all this and more, just having a little Xmas eve rant :wink: )

14 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

14 Likes

Are you telling me the RNC was on double secret probation?

9 Likes

And as soon as curfew was extended, right back up to their old tricks!
:woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Judge orders two Georgia counties to halt voter purge ahead of Senate runoff [Video] (aol.com)

“Defendants are enjoined from removing any challenged voters in Ben Hill and Muscogee Counties from the registration lists on the basis of National Change of Address data”, Gardner wrote in the order. The judge is the sister of Democratic activist Stacey Abrams, who lost a race for Georgia governor in 2018.

This will get some folks all riled up I would think. What fun!!

13 Likes

i’m sorry but the judge could have been kelly loeffler’s sister and that group will still get riled up. fuck 'em.

11 Likes

Oh, absolutely true. They will see “Deep State” everywhere regardless. This is gonna result in a lot of “she had no right to rule in this case!” bullshit, though.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Infuriating and pointless, but I’d be lying if I said that picturing an irate Mitch McConnell isn’t warming my withered, liberal heart.

9 Likes

Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton are the two most dangerous right-wing populist politicians in the U.S. As much fun as it is to see Yertle’s irritation and infighting, one of these two is likely to lead the Know-Nothing 27%'s next effort to impose fascism on America.

ETA: Charlie Pierce agrees.

13 Likes

And in a shocking development,

19 Likes

Where are the guillotines stored? They need oiling and sharpening, stat!

6 Likes
10 Likes

They better watch out. Mitch might assign them slightly less luxurious office space.

8 Likes

Stainless steel, but the motor might be a tad underpowered.

5 Likes

Need to put a better edge on the blades. You want a nice clean cut that doesn’t spatter. That’s nasty.

8 Likes

I don’t know if it’s worth it. MythBusters tested it, and the head won’t even come all the way off. That’s just setting yourself up for a disappointing boss fight.

10 Likes
10 Likes