2022 Midterms

I don’t speak German

Mis-wahler-wartungs-schlaf-losig-keit
Bad-election’s-expectation’s-sleep-loss-iness

10 Likes

That checks out

3 Likes
14 Likes

I am not liking the numbers coming out of Nevada…

Good!

7 Likes

Whitmer, Benson, yay. Nessel too close too call but looks promising.

All three proposals passed easily.

Tudor Dixon won’t concede but we knew that would happen.

I have no idea how our legislature went, I did see a lot of Blue check marks but I think the republicans still control our legislature.

3 Likes

I could also see Schlaflosigkeit erzeugt durch Wahlergebniserwartungen.

If it keeps up, you should go see your doctor about chronische Wahlergebniserwartungenschlafentzugsbeschwerden.

Me, I am feeling Wahlergebniserleichterung as I look at the Daily Kos this morning. The fnords did not eat me after all.

10 Likes

I’m walking out the door and saw this. Can anyone confirm this?

9 Likes

The nice thing about checking the Chicago area results are the margins candidates won by-Pritzker is 2:1, Duckworth is 3:1 and so on. The downstate MAGA crowd wasn’t active enough to challenge us evil urban dwellers. Haven’t bothered with a full state county by county breakdown, but Cook county pretty much saved democracy in Illinois once again.

11 Likes

“Definitely not a Republican wave, that’s for darn sure,” Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham lamented on NBC.

10 Likes
17 Likes

Couldn’t decide if I should put this here or in the encouraging topic. On a side not, I like seeing the masks even it there are only a few.

18 Likes

Awww!!

Emma Stone Laughing GIF

9 Likes

The heroes of this election. As ways it was older white men fucking everything up.

12 Likes

Plus some white women, too, no doubt…

14 Likes

Would it be immature to go on my local groups that were bragging about the red wave that was a comin’ and go neener neener?

22 Likes

Congrats!

Neener-neener away!

11 Likes

Maybe, but if it makes you feel good go for it. Sounds like they had it coming.

I feel so good right now as it is. Michigan is true blue!

10 Likes

Holy shit, the new election maps worked!!!

[I’m getting a little verklempt over here. :joy_cat:]

[edt] It just hit me how busy our state house is going to need to be over the next 2 years undoing years of shitty ALEC legislation. :flushed:

17 Likes

So is the Georgia senate race mathematically headed for a second round or is there still the chance that Warnock will get over 50%?

2 Likes