2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

13 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

“I can’t discuss that. As you know too well.”

My my.

13 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes
11 Likes

Missiles found with defective warheads, says Ukraine

Ukraine’s military says it has found fragments of Russian-fired nuclear-capable missiles with dud warheads in west Ukraine, whose apparent purpose was to distract air defences.

Mykola Danyliuk, a representative of the Ukrainian armed forces’ research unit, told a briefing that missile fragments that fell in the western regions of Lviv and Khmelnytskyi on October 31 had been identified as parts of Kh-55 cruise missiles.

The Soviet Union designed the Kh-55 in the 1970s for use on strategic targets.

But Danyliuk said Russia had not used the Kh-55 in Ukraine before October 31.

“The uniqueness of the missiles discovered was that they were equipped with a non-explosive warhead,” Danyliuk said.

“We can state that the launch of these missiles is intended to … distract the attention of Ukraine’s air defence system and tire it out, while modern Russian rockets … are fired on critical infrastructure objects”.

Danyliuk added that all the Kh-55 missiles discovered had their serial numbers scratched. -aljazeera

13 Likes
9 Likes

Earlier this year, Ukraine received 30 Gepard SPAAGs from Germany. However, the supply of ammunition for them is limited, since Switzerland, which manufactured the ammunition, refused to issue permission to transfer them to Ukraine. Germany was able to source a limited supply ammunition that didn’t originate in Switzerland.

Rheinmetall recently acquired Spanish ammunition manufacturer Expo Systems SA and announced plans to produce compatible ammunition for the Gepard SPAAGs (I assume using Expo System’s facilities).

Not sure on the lead time for this but hopefully the issue with getting ammo. for these will be resolved soon.

11 Likes
9 Likes

From earlier this year:

What strikes me is the speed in which he flies thru. Clearly afraid of slowing down or stopping for anything.

trump’s DC motorcades were slime mold speed in comparison.

8 Likes

Of course he’s in a hurry. He’s got things to see and people to do.

(ETA … and hopefully not much time left for either.)

7 Likes

… windows to open.

13 Likes

easy a burn GIF

12 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes