2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

4 Likes

6 Likes

“Pirating” content was the reason they nabbed a billionaire crook finally?

Great, round up all the motherfucking serial criminals in Microsoft, Google, Arsebook, “Open” “A””I”, Ex Twitter, etc. etc. etc.

All of the thieving scum.

6 Likes

Russian “Z-blogger” Roman Alekhin explains the locals of four districts of Kursk region that if they don’t evacuate on time, the Russian army will destroy them.

Russians threatening to turn Russia into ruins.

His post:

"A repeat statement to residents of Korenevo, Rylsk, Glushkov, Bolshesoldatskiy districts of Kursk region, as well as all other regions where evacuation has officially been announced.

Dear fellow residents, I ask you to make a decision about evacuation today.

Everyone needs to understand the most important thing: if a settlement in Kursk region is under the enemy, it is now gone. Simply gone. During the counteroffensive, it will, with great probability, be wiped out from the face of the earth."

8 Likes

Putin would rather raze everything and rule the ash in literal sense.

He would play this game of chicken by destroying his nation and people to show how “strong” he is than dealing with Ukraine’s guerilla warfare which makes him look “weak.”

4 Likes
6 Likes

[…]
Rybar, the Telegram channel close to the Russian Ministry of Defense, sums up the problem: “The French police have arrested the head of the primary means of information exchange within the Russian armed forces. They’re taking away our only more-or-less normal [means of] communication!”

7 Likes
6 Likes

5 Likes

After what the :fr: police did with EncroChat, infiltrating the servers fairly quietly for months, my bet is that Telegram is already back-doored and this will be part of the mop-up.

I read Dark Wire, by Joseph Cox, on Cory Doctorow’s recommendation and was surprised at how technologically mundane the encrypted chat business is.

6 Likes

Kursk, day 21

The feud between Akhmat and the regular army deepens

[ENG SUB] A soldier of the Russian 7th motorized rifle regiment, call sign “Red” addresses Apti Alaudinov, the Akhmat commander who suggested that russian conscripts should be ready to die to defend Kursk

“Akhmat, where are you?”

6 Likes
8 Likes

Russian soldiers who complained yesterday about their commander brutally beating their comrades, extorting them, and stealing from the dead, have reportedly been sent on a potentially suicidal combat mission – likely as retaliation for complaining.

6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

Ben Wallace, former UK defence minister:

When I went to Moscow, barely 10 days before the invasion, to meet the Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu and General Valery Gerasimov, I didn’t go to read a script, I went to read my adversaries. I went to see how deep the lies went, how big the egos were, what motivated them and the behaviour of the subordinates around them.

As I left I remember commenting to General Gerasimov that I was struck by how his military doctrine had “swapped mass for readiness and mobilisation”. At that moment another General leaned over to add: “and ruthless intimidation”. The mask had slipped. Most telling of all was the comment from General Gerasimov to me in the hallway. “Never again will we be humiliated. We used to be the fourth army in the world, now we are the first or second. It is us and the Americans.”

3 Likes