2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

This has devolved into a meat grinder. Both sides are seeing unsustainable losses. The difference is the the Ukrainians are fighting for their homes, and the Russians are fighting because some guy told them (or forced them) to. I don’t know how long until the Russians break, but I suspect it will happen and all hell will break loose. Way too much blood will flow first, but that is the only way it will end. Putin knows that if he loses, it is the end of him and his legacy. He will not surrender or negotiate in good faith as long as he has troops under his command. But the troops are getting nothing from it. Damn, so much death…

10 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

It worked, I now have no trust in Russian elections

11 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

Ukrainian developers have confirmed that their drones are now carrying out autonomous strikes on Russian forces without a human operator. This is the first time such drones are known to have been used, as UN allegations about autonomous attacks in Libya in 2020 remain unproven.

The Saker Scout drones can find, identify and attack 64 different types of Russian ‘military objects’ on their own, operating in areas where radio jamming blocks communication and prevents other drones from working.

The quadcopter Saker Scout, came into service last month and can carry three kilos of bombs to a range of around 12 kilometers. Small drones operated by remote control have proved extremely effective as bombers with modified RKG-3 anti-tank grenades or RPG warheads and can destroy even heavy tanks.

The Saker company was founded in 2021 to develop affordable AI for small business, with applications as drone-based vision systems crop protection. When Russia invaded, the company switched to assisting the military. One of the first requirements was an AI to help a drone operator spot vehicles concealed by vegetation or camouflage.

Saker’s system is based on machine learning and the developers say it can currently recognize 64 different types of ‘military object’ including tanks, personnel carriers and other hardware. It is continuously improved and is updated on demand when there is a requirement to detect a specific new object or vehicle type. An early Saker video shows the system identifying light and heavy armor (personnel carriers and tanks) and trucks as it flies over them….Ukraine AI Drones Seek, Attack Russian Forces Without Humans Oversight

7 Likes
7 Likes

Isn’t this dangerous with all the stuff Ukraine has been capturing?

8 Likes

Not just captured stuff. The Russians and Ukrainians have the same old Soviet hardware, e.g T-72 tanks, BTR-60 APCs, Grad rocket launchers, etc.

8 Likes

Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) was allegedly behind dozens of assassinations against Russian targets since February 2022

At least it’s a change from Putin being behind dozens of assassinations against Russian targets,

4 Likes

I’m guessing that the terminators are programmed only to hunt within well-defined boundaries where there are no Ukrainian forces.

7 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

WTF EUROPE??

3 Likes