2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

Is there a “let them co-operate” gif?

3 Likes

Europe as a political entity is not the same as the companies that are located in Europe. And they are no better than their American counterparts: amoral chasers of the bottom line, excusing it away with how if they didn’t, they would be at a disadvantage to the Chinese and the Indians.

Businesses have no morals, and If they can cheat around sanctions to make a profit, they will.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Desertions and mutinies among the ranks are an old Russian tradition, the perfect complement to the other old Russian tradition of spectacularly corrupt and incompetent commanders.

7 Likes

I’m surprised there aren’t more “accidental discharges” over incompetent commanders.

6 Likes
4 Likes

@vermes82

7 Likes

What is it with fascists wanting to open up more fronts when they’re already not winning? :thinking:

14 Likes

That’s really weird. Petrozavodsk was only part of Finland from 1941 to 1944 during the Continuation War. In the end USSR it had about 15 000 Finns living there but most of them don’t live there anymore.

I don’t doubt that there are a lot of right-wing lunatics who would want a Greater Finland. But I doubt anybody takes them seriously.

I think Russian need to stick with the pre-1939 boarders if they want to say we have territorial claims.

Finland now.

ETA: Now that I thought about it isn’t weird. Reminding people of the Great Patriotic War seems like a good idea.

7 Likes

… of course preparing to defend yourself against Russia is aggression against Russia :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes
4 Likes

Vyborg/Viipuri is in Leningrad Oblast, not the Republic of Karelia, so it’s probably all a bit too complicated for angry Russian talking heads.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Some times it seems like everything in Töölö neighbourhoods in Helsinki is called Viipuri something other like Wiipurin Korsetti (Corset of Viipuri) or Viipurin Hautaustoimisto (Funeral home of Viipuri).

5 Likes

Named by refugees from Viipuri?

1 Like

It is almost like they want as many distractions they can create to cover up the shitshow closer to home… :thinking:

10 Likes

They moved their companies from Viipuri to Helsinki.

1 Like
4 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes