£2m London apartment features luxury glass shitting cube

Sure, how about luminous resin waterfalls?

5 Likes

Nah, that wouldn’t cost enough. Silly.

2 Likes

That belongs on the balcony.

4 Likes

There should be a word for design that observes the forms but not the functions of architecture.

3 Likes

Aaaah! No. Not like that. :astonished:

1 Like

There are plenty of materials more expensive than glass they could pick.

If anything I’m disappointed that it doesn’t have acrylic drain lines, too, so you can watch excreta shooting around and off toward the Thames.

What do you think this is? Germany?

In general, I HATE glass furniture. Glass walls? No thank you.

The other month I had to have my first colonoscopy. I decided that, due to the anticipation of the prep, that I would get a bidet. Holy shit, I was living like a caveman before.

Bidet, good electric tooth brush, and water pick. Three must haves for the bathroom now.

2 Likes

3 Likes

What am I looking at above the stove? The angled thing with the circle. Is that an exhaust fan?

Stove

1 Like

Who needs a book when you can take in the view?

2 Likes
2 Likes

There should be a term for that particular echelon of wealth where the toilets get weird.

“Although this apartment buyer doesn’t know it, he’s about to enter a strange new world, too incredible to be real, too real to be a dream. It’s called The Toilet Zone.”

4 Likes

Since no one else has mentioned it yet, I’d like to draw everyone’s attention to the balcony outside. If you look closely, there’s a small balcony area right outside the bedroom that widens into more of a party-sized space. Which means, any guest who leaves the living room to go out on the patio has a good chance of joining the audience if they happen to turn to the right.

3 Likes

How about the choice to put the mirror over the toilet instead of the sink. Perfect for admiring minimalist junk.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What’s going on with the floor here? Did they just set the glass wall directly against the hardwood floor and caulk the edges?

3 Likes

It’s not even clear caulk!

gesturing homer simpson GIF

4 Likes

poopulence

3 Likes

I think the plan shows a door/gate of some sort there? Maybe you can lock it, so guests can’t wander onto that section of the terrace? (Though I suppose a gate would be no higher than the railings, and a determined guest might be able to climb over it…?) It does seem you could still look into the other two bedrooms, though, if the curtains were open. But at least those bedrooms don’t have visible toilets!

4 Likes

Even if you just leaned over it…

3 Likes