£2m London apartment features luxury glass shitting cube

You know what, now that I look at the photo even closer, I think there’s a frosted glass panel on the side of the shower that faces the window/terrace. So that would block a view of the toilet too. Modesty is preserved!

4 Likes

Tell ya what: you try it, and let us know how modest it feels!

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Technically no one may be able to see you from the terrace, but even if you know that, it would still feel uncomfortable, wouldn’t it?

5 Likes

Episode 8 Drinks GIF by PBS

2 Likes

… architecture that says “I’m not allowed to conceal anything from my probation officer” :unamused:

3 Likes

I stayed in a cheap and cheerful hotel in Singapore some years ago. The handbasin and toilet were in the room, with a rollerblind that you could pull down in front of the loo :rofl:. It was a double room too - luckily I was staying alone! (can’t believe I didn’t take a photo of it…)

Still haven’t looked for the Tokyo Toilet project loos, but they have a couple with switchable glass:

It appears they have a problem in winter though - G translated from the PDF on the site:

A bug occurred that took time to become opaque.
The glass walls of these toilets are normally kept transparent when energized, and can be closed with the lock. When you put it on, the power is released and it becomes opaque.
Because the particles that create the transparency harden as the temperature drops, it takes time to become opaque, and is usually unusable.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
A similar phenomenon occurred last winter, and as a countermeasure, there are no users so that the particles do not clump together.
Sometimes we installed equipment that automatically repeats turning on and off. Some reports mentioned “every few minutes”
The phenomenon that “transparency and opacity are repeated” is due to this measure, but from the user.
In response to voices of anxiety, we will operate in an opaque state at all times from around 14:00 on December 14, 2022.

4 Likes

How about adding a new meaning to Cory’s new word: enshittify?

“Enshittified architecture refers to the trend of using transparent materials in the construction of toilets.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.