38-year-old Macaulay Culkin is Home Alone again in this fun ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/20/38-year-old-macaulay-culkin-is.html

6 Likes

It’s honestly good to see him looking healthy and, well, like himself again. Up until a few years ago I assumed he’d be the next tragic celebrity loss.

asdsdsda

15 Likes

A few years ago, I saw his band Pizza Underground. (A Pizza themed Velvet Underground cover band.)

11 Likes

I was going to ask…Which is creepier:

1. All the surveillance devices in the house?
  2. Grown up Culkin?
3 Likes

Begin Operation Kevin: 001

Roger That!

5 Likes

how hard did google try to get joe pesci and daniel stern cast in this? my guess, not very.

5 Likes

The inclusion of “Angels with Filthy Souls” movie made this for me.

3 Likes

So you’re saying the “smart house” makes it easier to defend it? The swinging paint cans can be done remotely?

But at the same time, the “smart house” makes it easier for the burglars to get in? They can activate the camera in the TV set to see what’s really going on in the living room. They can access the smart refrigerator to see that he probably is home alone because there’s not much in there. They can unlock the smart doors remotely. And so on.

If only Harry and Marv were smart enough to do all that.

Xast Sputa to everyone!

4 Likes

I am not sure how this happened, but he’s been hanging out with the redlettermedia guys for a few reviews. The Hackers one is pretty good.

Here they review really bad movies, including Home Alone 4 - which oddly has voice activated stuff in it.

5 Likes

He was hangin’ with the AVGN too. Delightful.

Last I heard of him was his guest role in that 2015 video series that everyone promptly forgot about completely.

6 Likes

There is something weirdly distopian about the ad.
Also Macaulay Culkin is the same age as I am and that is kinda depressing.

2 Likes

He’s almost the same age as me too I think maybe he’s a year older. I’m just glad he seems to be doing well and that he’s keeping busy and so on. I have a soft spot for icons of my childhood with difficult family situations so every one of them who managed to live as long as me without completely burning out makes me a little more hopeful regardless of anything else.

4 Likes

hey!

“YOU BETTER START LAUGHING!” :wink:

1 Like

And he was nice and good on a recent WTF…WHOOPSPAYWALL

Macaulay and the Nerd? Christmas has come early this year!

Huh - I somehow missed that original post.

TFW you realize you’re the same age as Macaulay Culkin :expressionless:

1 Like

For those of you thinking about watching the ad for the face-slap/Aauuugh! bit, he doesn’t do it so you can be on your merry way.

1 Like

In this instance, definitely #1.

3 Likes

I never realized I was the same age as Macaulay Culkin until this comment section. Well, I’m a few months older, but pretty close.