Macaulay Culkin to legally change his middle name to 'Macaulay Culkin'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/28/macaulay-culkin-to-legally-cha.html

Department of Redundancy Department approves and supports!

This message approved and issued by the Department of Redundancy Department – Since 1999, stamping out and abolishing redundancy for 19 years.

15 Likes

Now if he made it recursive, it’d be Macaulay Culkins all the way down.

9 Likes

I hear he’s up for the sidekick role in Ininceptionception

5 Likes

It is nice to see the chap looking so healthy for a change. Most internet photos of him make him look like a advert for the dangers of Meth consumption.

12 Likes

As noted by Cracked, the director went to ridiculous lengths for that one.

He was on a super tight budget and schedule, yet still he insisted on period accurate props – even taking the time to find the same Tommy gun that James Cagney used in a 1935 mob movie called G Men .

To further sell the authenticity of the movie, they shot it using the same kind of film they’d have used in the '40s. The crew apparently had so much fun filming their period gangster piece that they later tracked down the original AWFS actor for Home Alone 2 , and filmed another scene for a fictitious sequel called Angels With Filthier Souls .

14 Likes

Was it ever released? I know of an anime example, of a show-within-a-show that was so good it was released, became popular, and even went on to have a disappointing second season!

2 Likes

Nice try young man, but it’s you all the way down.”

Would that take the form of a chain of Macaulay Culkins human centipeding to infinity, or a single Macaulay Culkin twisted into an infinite loop?

2 Likes

Are there other celebrities who should do the same thing? I quite like the sound of Minnie Minnie Driver Driver and Tom Tom Cruise Cruise, for example. Will Will Smith Smith sounds like it could be a question, but Halle Halle Berry Berry is probably an exotic deficiency disease. Who else?

8 Likes

In the dead of a winter’s night in an abandoned building in Winnetka, 20 miles north of Chicago

the sequence was shot on a sound stage in the abandoned New Trier West High School gymnasium

I’m going to seize this chance to be incredibly pedantic, because I attended New Trier West when they reopened it ten years later: it’s technically in Northfield, one ridiculous high-end suburban town over from Winnetka.

Fun to know that I spent a year getting yelled at by gym teachers on the site of a little bit of film history, though.

4 Likes
  • Billy Bob Billy Bob Thornton Thornton
  • Kris Kris Kristofferson Kristofferson
  • Chris Chris Christie Christie
  • King King Kong Kong
  • Richie Richie Rich Rich
  • Count Count von Count von Count
  • Bamm-Bamm Bamm-Bamm Rubble Rubble
  • Humbert Humbert Humbert Humbert
  • Swallow-Me-Own-Blowdart Swallow-Me-Own-Blowdart Dhlang-Dhlang Dhlang-Dhlang
  • Durand Durand Durand Durand
12 Likes

Edward Edward Woodward Woodward?

@kaibeezytentroy “Humbert Humbert Humbert Humbert” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

I think he should have gone more traditional, Macaulay “Kevin Mcallistor” Culkin. That’s almost as redundant.

5 Likes

Neville Neville got there first, or at least his parents did.

Neville Neville Neville Neville looks like i held down CTRL + V for too long though.

ETA: Wolfgang Wolfgang Wolf Wolf, the former manager of VfL Wolfsburg

3 Likes
5 Likes

The name’s Bond. James James Bond Bond.

4 Likes

The amount of attention this person requires is sad.

3 Likes

Don’t forget former UN Secretary-general Boutros Boutros Boutros-Ghali Boutros-Ghali.

13 Likes

It wasn’t this, was it?

THEY ALL FLOAT.

4 Likes

Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich…

2 Likes