4 teachers die of Covid-19 within 24 hours of each other in Broward County, FL

in a weird way we’re proving that there isn’t. not when people in power are dead set against it.

dismantling the white supremacist power structure called the republican party is the only real way to prevent further deaths. and i don’t see them going down without a fight.

hopefully it’s obvious for everyone to see ( not just we here ) that on everything from civil rights, to covid, to climate change - their hold on power and influence is the real reason people are dying

12 Likes

I hear you - my bad on my flip statement of culling from the herd (ha! on spelling! :slight_smile: — ). It is just so hard shifting into this next phase… And frankly looking out across the world – we have so many unvaccinated – we will have lamda, epsilon, zeta, eta, thetas… because it is a very adaptable virus and it is thriving in a perfect host – humans. Stay safe out there – thanks for the chat.

5 Likes

How is she on the government mandating that health care decisions for half of the population must adhere to specific religious beliefs?

There’s a lot of picking and choosing in these cries for freedom.

11 Likes

She argues for bodily autonomy, and that people have a right to decline vaccines. That is so inconsistent with understanding germ theory, the transmission of disease, and herd immunity.
At this point, I think that med pros who refuse vaccination are unfit for the job. They are delusional, and a danger to everyone around them.

I do understand that they are on the edge of burnout, and not thinking clearly, but that does not excuse them from their refusal to accept the guidance of the disease experts at the CDC.

6 Likes

Along those lines, my local hospital was sued by the last administration because a nurse was involved with an abortion and complained about the assignment afterwards. They planned to use the case as a template for suing other healthcare facilities, because freedom!

Thankfully, Biden’s administration recently dropped the suit.

6 Likes

JHC hospitals and other similar places of employment require a list of vaccines etc for employment. Get the the goddamn shot.

Fuck these selfish pricks.

7 Likes

At least three of the teachers were unvaccinated, according to CNN, and they died just days before the fall semester was about to begin.

Not to make light of their deaths, but this may be a good thing for the kids in the long term. I wouldn’t trust a voluntarily unvaccinated person to teach children any more than I would trust them to work in medicine. There are lots of actually decent, responsible people out there struggling to find teaching jobs, time to give them a chance.

BIG fan of Launderette! And on that score, super curious to see what the other laundromat across from Juan in a Million will become.

1 Like

Unfortunately, herd immunity doesn’t happen naturally. Ever.

The diseases we have eliminated, we have eliminated because of highly effective and comprehensive vaccination programs.

Currently, we are allowing people who are, 1) idiots (brainwashed or otherwise) or 2) evil fucking people who know better, but are pushing lies for $ or political power, to de-rail what could have been an effective vaccination program. Now we have delta, and will likely need a new delta specific vaccine/booster.

By the time we have it, and those of us who can get it do, there’s going to be a different variant, likely requiring the process to be repeated. All because we can’t agree to do the socially responsible thing and get a vaccine and not go out to bars etc…

A lot of people at this point have lost friends and family to this disease, and it pisses me off to no end when idiots and assholes endanger others for their own ends.

You like to drink? Great. You like to drink and drive? Not allowed. You don’t like wearing a mask and socially distancing? Great. You want to go outside your residence? Nuh uh.

10 Likes

Perhaps they could raise their prices one hundred fold and offer a 99% discount to vaccine cardholders?

1 Like

Who’s going to teach those words to the portion of the population that’s already challenged to understand most of the words we have now?

3 Likes

Oh, I LIKE this idea!

Just add a byline: “Freedom ain’t free.” :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.