A confused school in Miami bans students for 30 days if they receive a Covid shot

Originally published at: A confused school in Miami bans students for 30 days if they receive a Covid shot | Boing Boing

7 Likes

They’re not “confused.” They know exactly what they’re doing.

42 Likes
15 Likes

Can you imagine their science programs?

17 Likes

We can only imagine their science programs.

57 Likes

So wacky! I wonder if this school teaches the alphabet backwards and assigns detention for all the kids who do their homework.

25 Likes

To be fair, the shots are given two weeks apart, so it only amounts to a 44 day vacation. Proper planning and all that.

8 Likes

fears that those who get the shot will infect those who don’t get it.

They haven’t got a fucking clue how reality works, have they, let alone a vaccine.

Do they think kids getting measles, mumps or rubella vaccines risk passing those diseases to other kids after vaccination?

Fuckwits.

19 Likes

Funny you should pick MMR, since that one is a live attenuated virus vaccine. So, technically there is a minuscule chance of infection from it. It’s why we don’t give it to pregnant women and why it shouldn’t be given to immunocompromised folks without very careful supervision.

But the COVID vax? Nothing remotely alive in it, so no chance for transmission of the illness from the shot.

25 Likes

Just say thank you and take the month off, you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Maybe this will lead to an upswing in kids demanding to get vaccinated, in order to get out of school. That’s how I would have reacted.

23 Likes

Stupidity signalling.

18 Likes

right, and since signaling is stronger if it is costly (yes, really ), the additional death toll will work in Centner’s favor.

6 Likes

They died in blissful ignorance, fighting against public health right until the end.

6 Likes

Ah, good ol’ Biohazard High, home of the Infectin’ Virii. Goooooooo disease!

10 Likes

I suspect that very few (if any) parents who were planning on getting their children vaccinated were sending them to that school in the first place. It sounds like the school was created partly to be a place to where people can send their kids to avoid being taught factual and science based curriculum, and instead be taught pseudo-science and conspiracy theories, but mostly created by some rich scam artists to con rich folks out of their money (true Betsy Devos followers). It’s the Goop of schools.

21 Likes

That ‘reasoning’ might work on QAnoners & other clueless folk, but it is really just swearing fealty to You Know Who.
$30k/year, eh? Those idiot parents deserve to get fleeced. Too bad about the kids. I wonder if it would be possible to yank this ‘school’s’ certification.

4 Likes

I have an acquaintance who always prefaces his anti-vax asshattery with “I’m not anti-vax, but…”

16 Likes

That’s right up there with “I’m not a racist, BUT…

24 Likes

Funny thing is, this issue seems to have grown legs of its own and gotten away on him. The ideation of You Know Who has diverged from the person.

12 Likes