6-foot-nearly-9-inch tall model holds the title for world's longest legs

Aha! She’s a literal pulp hero, protecting pulp paper everywhere!

3 Likes

Do they reach the ground?

All right then.

2 Likes

Someone may make you pay for that pun.

Not me though, I laughed.

2 Likes

Lets take this to the max

(Great movie. Redline)

4 Likes

no no…you said the max…

2 Likes

Particularly as the Imperial measurement given is suspiciously precise — one-hundredth of an inch, really? — leading one to hypothesize that that the original measurement was in metric and got converted to inches by someone who had never heard of the concept of significant figures.

6 Likes

All the way to…

10 Likes

Your armed forces actually use SI units, I believe, as does everybody in NATO.

Also, I was once told Kenya went SI overnight. Market traders and others were simply given a table of equivalents to work out prices, and a new set of weights for their pan scales. In the US, you’d probably have to move a switch under the scales.

Oddly it doesn’t seem to be. A quick check with Yandex* reveals her height is 205cm. This translates as 80.71 in Old French units as still used in the US.

*Look up Екатерина Лисина

1 Like

I don’t know, you left our Monarchy, Government, money and taxes but couldn’t let go of the measuring stick. That Imperial measuring stick…

Kidding, obviously, but I do find it odd. Mainly because Imperial units are so bloody inaccurate and arbitrary.

2 Likes

you? I’m still stuck with being told what’s going to happen by Theresa May, whose government was put on Earth to try to make Trump look good.

2 Likes

My mistake.
I’m in the UK too, also hoping that our political shitshow has some positive purpose. Really not sure what our “betters” are trying to achieve right now… .

4 Likes

This is cheating! She only won because her legs are long.

4 Likes

“… (the left [leg] is a tad longer).”

‘Left Leg’ to ‘Right Leg’: “Jealous?”

2 Likes

That and, as discussed above, separating at the waist.

1 Like

This reminds me of when, many years ago, I lived in London near the Nigerian embassy. The secretarial staff (I said it was many years ago) all seemed to be immensely tall women who all walked around on very high heels. They were all exceedingly beautiful, too. I suspect that some of them in those heels must have exceeded 2m. It was just…odd…as many of the men appeared to be rather wide and not very tall.

3 Likes

Not to mention every scientist in the US.

4 Likes

Not to mention very hard to convert from one to the other.

5 Likes

Not to mention my repeated use of not to mention.:grin:

1 Like

No biggie, don’t mention it.

10 Likes

52 inches? Bleeding heck! I am just under 6 ft tall, and 52 inches is practically my armpit. Go on - get a ruler and see how big 52 inches is on you.

“Ahem. My eyes are up here”.

“Well, mine aren’t. Hang on, I’ll get a chair…”

4 Likes