6 murdered in Colorado's worst gun massacre in 6 weeks

Too bad all those crying kids didn’t have guns. /s

9 Likes

They will soon enough.

3 Likes

Let’s see which politician is first out of the gate with their thoughts and prayers

3 Likes

Doing my bit

8 Likes

I thought a child was shot, but I guess I’m mixing it up with a mass shooting that happened… last month? I try not to know too many details about (non-political) mass shootings, because it’s not like knowing the details helps anything, and they’re so constant it’s impossible to keep up anyways.

Oh, it’s the same news. Ultimately, that is.

5 Likes

Oh, and it looks like I’m mixing up a shooting from last month with one from yesterday. Because of course…

7 Likes

“Armed society is polite society.”

I haven’t heard that said in years, I wonder why.

8 Likes

Mass Killings: 700*

Tyrants overthrown: 0

*I don’t know what the real number is but it’s a big number.

4 Likes

One of these days, a stray bullet is bound to hit a tyrant. /s

4 Likes

Robert Heinlein was so wrong. The truism should read “An armed society is a belligerent society.”

7 Likes

It would only be “polite” because people were afraid of what would happen if an armed person felt that they were not polite enough.

2 Likes

Half-wrong. In a partiallly armed society (think samurai era Japan) the ones who are forbidden arms are very, very polite. The ones who are allowed arms arms are are careful of whom they disrespect.

The US gun culture hasn’t worked out that particular detail yet.

4 Likes

Was he ever. The notion that arming everyone will prevent human conflict is like saying that pouring gasoline on everything will prevent fires.

12 Likes

The far right are confident that they are the ones with all the guns, so they no longer feel the need to give even lip service to the idea of politeness.

6 Likes

“Muh freedoms” reigning in America.

5 Likes

thoughtsprayers-690x460

13 Likes

Jesus Christ Texas.

1 Like

and the gun nut rep from CO6th district Lauren Q-bert had what to say about this (whether or not it is her district)?..
…crickets (and the sound of her lovingly stroking her glock)

ETA:

I am not sure that this is not exactly what the GQP want - more chaos, killing, and more guns. fuck every last one of these Qpublican assholes.

9 Likes

six children who witnessed their relatives slaughtered, and are now eligible for a position as the new Batman, seem not to be all that Ok with the prospect…

Whodathunk?

1 Like

Yes, people should channel their emotional reaction into meaningful action!