60 containers of bull semen stolen

Bulls are very large animals, what makes you think those are two different things?

Those thermoses are $200 minimum to hold liquid nitrogen. Long-term DNA storage is liquid nitrogen.

1 Like

I’m certain they knew what they were stealing, how to transport and store it, and already had customers for most or all of it. Some or most of the semen is probably from bulls that are no longer alive.
This is a really high value crime done by professionals IMO.

3 Likes

I remember this episode of Miami Vice.
Seriously.
It’s a really funny episode.

1 Like

I could see that being a Southern Culture on the Skids album, for sure. Probably a really good one!

3 Likes

Someone, er, gathered that treasure in the first place. I have to hope that job pays really well.

1 Like

This incident would later become euphemistically known as the “Third Battle of Bull Run.”

Yep. All jokes aside, if people are wondering why someone would steal this, it’s because bull semen is very very expensive. I know we don’t have a lot of farmers and ranchers here on the BBS so folks might not be aware, but good genetics are worth a lot of money for ranchers and most ranchers don’t run their own bulls (because bulls are a huge pain in the ass and any particular one may not be very good, genetically). Every year big ranches buy the juice from a quality, reputable supplier. The lower budget operations (like us) rent a reputable neighbour’s bull every spring and leave him in with the ladies for a few weeks to… show them a good time. Then nature happens, and then profit.

12 Likes

…easy go.

3 Likes

The poor withered bulls too. :frowning:

Ah, finally a new candle scent

2 Likes

I’m a suburbanite/city boy, but I did some IT work for a place that sold bull semen. One of my favorite details was that the extremely detailed records they kept for each bull included the music they performed best to.

7 Likes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/electroejaculation

For one method of collection and reference in article about others
Side note. Did some work for several years on a govt Ag research centre and much merriment occured when the yealy asset audit team would arrive from the city and needed to sight said assets

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.