6m views for Finnish prime minister's one weird trick for how Putin can get out of this mess

Originally published at: 6m views for Finnish prime minister's one weird trick for how Putin can get out of this mess | Boing Boing

23 Likes

Ain’t no mystery here.

22 Likes

38 Likes

I like her little laugh at the end. Like “we all know the answer here, don’t we?”

25 Likes

“and serious political pundits scandalized by it.”

18 Likes

That word “serious” … (I think you know where I’m going with this.)

12 Likes

Like “What a stupid question.”

10 Likes

It reminds me of de Gaulle’s response to a reporter asking if he was happy: “What do you take me for, an idiot?”

18 Likes

She’s awesome. The world needs more younger, progressive, modern and very capable leaders like her!

21 Likes

You okay?

Trying to figure out why something went viral is aking to deciphering the MAGA thought process. It’s pointless, futile, and self-defeating.

1 Like

I’m sure the population of Finland would beg to differ, if they knew or cared about your opinion as to whether or not they count for anything.

10 Likes

Here’s a link to the full video, so you can hear the reporter saying the “off ramp” comment.

4 Likes

I wish that were so; but more than a few people who really ought to know better(and profess to be trying to help) have been astonishingly dense with regard to the idea that someone who has domestic media in a chokehold needs some sort of special coddling to be able to leave; rather than being held in place more or less purely by choice.

Emmanual Macron’s…plucky…attempts at diplomacy have produced some particularly head-desking examples..

It manages to simultaneously be gratingly naive and implicitly accept the aggressor’s framing sufficiently to move without comment to some variation of ‘and what concessions can be offered from Ukraine to make it all better?’.

It’d be a lot nicer if Sanna Marin’s statement were just a restatement of a commonplace trivially agreed upon and not worth mentioning; but, unfortunately, that’s just not so.

4 Likes

Can you or anyone find out who the reporter is, e.g. for which outlet he’s working? I couldn’t really place the accent, sounded German in the beginning, but I wasn’t sure after he reiterated the question…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.