7-Eleven is lying to you about the Japanese Egg Salad sandwich coming to America

Originally published at: 7-Eleven is lying to you about the Japanese Egg Salad sandwich coming to America - Boing Boing

3 Likes

don’t think I could ever buy egg salad from a gas station. Love the Japanese style white bread though and it’s perfect for BLT’s, grilled cheese, pb&j not just egg salad sandwiches. Though I’m a freak and the only mayo I buy is miracle whip. Next time I make egg salad I’ll have to try blending the yolks and mayo though.

11 Likes

What the hell is this guy talking about? Those are the exact same egg salad sandwiches 7-Eleven has been selling in the United States for many, many years. They’re not new and as far as I can tell are not even claiming to be the same as the Japanese ones.

4 Likes

yum yum

11 Likes

(futurama wiki on that episode)

24 Likes

That photo is wonderfully odd. Thank you for sharing it.

7 Likes

I was worried maybe i found it around these forums recently, but maybe not. unfortunately it seems to be the product of AI, but since that energy is already burned we may as well enjoy it.

On topic: i find egg salad repulsive, whether cheap or gourmet. No issue with any of the ingredients themselves, but just something about them all together like this :face_vomiting: an unholy marriage!

9 Likes

In related news, Canadian / Quebecois convenience store chain Alimentation Couche-Tard made a preliminary offer to purchase 7-Eleven. Couche-Tard also owns Circle-K and a number of other convenience store chains worldwide.

I will say in my university days in Montreal, Couche-Tard was a cut above the average convenience store. Nowhere near a Japanese 7-Eleven, but better than the North American average. They recently purchased / rebranded a number of stores in AK - I’ll have to check out the Circle-K shops and will prepare myself to be disappointed if they’re anywhere near what they were previously.

7 Likes

That is pretty convincing AI, I wonder how detailed the prompt was?

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but the “EGGG SALAD SANDWICH” text on the machine is a little bit of a tip off.

10 Likes

Sppeeellling is not my strog pint.

11 Likes

You had me convinced at ‘7-Eleven is lying’…

7 Likes

You did.

7 Likes

Ahh yes, “Odd Stuff,” the ultimate miscellany. Post edited with attribution.

8 Likes

Congratulations citizen on another successful round of Egg Salad Surgery.

8 Likes

7-11 is miserable now. To get the ‘real’ Tamago Sando you probably need the membership app.

5 Likes

the enshitification continues apace!

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but crustless white bread and egg salad with sugar sounds disgusting. I’d be totally willing to give it a fair shot, but I’m guessing the Japanese sandwiches are for a certain palate.

3 Likes

Given the way the younglings use the word literally these days, does this mean he literally doesn’t have any egg salad sando merch?

:thinking:

3 Likes

9 Likes