7 hours of Trump's phone call log from Jan 6 missing from records turned over to investigators

Originally published at: 7 hours of Trump's phone call log from Jan 6 missing from records turned over to investigators | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Congratulations, Trumpers. You found a way to make him look guiltier than if you’d refused to turn over any records at all.

50 Likes

The Nixon tapes were only short by 18.5 minutes.

But despite how the math works out, I’d wager that the missing 457 minutes from Trump is much more than 25x as damning as whatever Nixon was doing.

62 Likes

It would be real nice if this was getting more attention than a slap at the Oscars… sadly, we don’t live in a sane world… Though I guess if we did, this coup never would have happened, because Trump would have been laughed out of the primary… But you know… WHITE PEOPLE…

60 Likes

So, he had “Alice’s Restaurant” on repeat?

12 Likes

Mother-rapers. Father-stabbers. Father-rapers. And Trump!!

20 Likes

That’s 7 hours of tRump word salad we’re never going to have to listen to, look on the bright side folks.

25 Likes

“ There are several provisions of federal criminal law imposing liability on officials who violate the PRA and the FRA. 18 U.S.C. § 641 makes it a felony to, among other things, dispose of any record that belongs to the United States. 18 U.S.C. § 1361 makes it a felony to injure property of the United States.

More specific to records, 18 U.S.C. § 2071 makes it a felony to willfully and unlawfully remove, mutilate or destroy—or to attempt to remove, mutilate or destroy—any record deposited in any public office or with any public officer of the United States. That same provision also makes it a felony for anyone having custody of such records to remove, mutilate or destroy those records and imposes severe consequences: a violation requires the individual to “forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

In addition to these provisions, 18 U.S.C. § 1505 makes it a felony for individuals to obstruct congressional investigations.”

I’m sure Merrick Garland will get right on that.

44 Likes

did they check the toilets and sewer plumbing for the records?

26 Likes

“I’ve got nothing to hide. . . because it’s already been destroyed.”

(whispered aside “we destroyed it all, right? Yes? OK.”)

“Yes, I repeat, I’ve got nothing to hide.”

15 Likes

'…over there on the Group Q bench."

13 Likes

He says that he doesn’t know what a burner phone is.

Lair, liar, phone on fire!

12 Likes

This thread needs some

27 Likes

18 Likes

Sure smells like guilty AF to me.

NSA what the hell were you doing on Jan 6th?

13 Likes

22 Likes

Now, I know from a personal acquaintance who worked on the project that the White House went to a VOIP system back under Clinton, so unless that’s been rolled back, the records are there, somewhere, on a logging server or, if that’s been deleted without archive, on the billing servers upstream. Pull those logs, look for white house numbers, and start digging. Every call is tracked, so that it can be billed appropriately – you don’t see this because most of us have essentially unlimited calling, but for a large entity such as the White House those VOIP switch servers keep track of what’s in use and how, so that the carriers get their money.

35 Likes

Must not the call records exist some database, though? Surely there’s some extra classified-machinery going on, but there’s got to be a record somewhere.

It’s going to be “fun” when Trump starts conflating this auditing as “spying” on him and reports it as such at his rallies. (Probably already happened.)

11 Likes

America: “Who were you talking to for 7 hours?”
Drumpf: “Postmates.”

8 Likes

I dunno –– I see his walls collapsing. One high profile senator has ratted on him. Once the tide turns everybody who can be fingered as a accomplice will turn and throw him under the bus. His power is waning quickly.

6 Likes