7 hours of Trump's phone call log from Jan 6 missing from records turned over to investigators

My hope here is that this is the classic FBI move where they already have the answer but ask the suspect about it as if they do not, and then let the suspect add lying to the FBI to their crimes.

27 Likes

Winner winner!

8 Likes

What a dilemma…which crime has the greater penalties? Destroying evidence or fomenting an insurrection?

6 Likes

That’s because Nixon was 25X the president that Trump was.

And that’s still not a compliment to Nixon.

21 Likes

White House Bowling GIF by US National Archives

19 Likes

Any surprise that Agent Orange pulled a Nixon? Total jerk island. Asking suspected criminals to turn over evidence against them? Cowardly investigators. Send in the Federal Marshals with crowbard and bolt cutters to tear the office apart and just take the stuff. Do they really have to pussyfoot around this arrogant pig just because the nation’s crazies lick the ground under his shadow? Time to grab America by New Jersey, tip it up and give it a good shake so all the loonies drop into the Pacific. Tell all the sane people to hang on to something solid, and tell all the Orange supporters to raise their hands to the Lord.

8 Likes

If it wasn’t for the seemingly endless ability for these guys to keep bobbing back up to the surface largely unscathed, I would agree more with you. I really, really want to, because it’s getting dire at this point.

6 Likes

Investigators and prosecutors will get paid to listen to it, so no problem there.
I would not want to be on the jury, though.
Thankfully on BB we have the option of skipping the media.

4 Likes

i am willing to bet that every single close-circle aide had a burner they handed over whenever he wanted to make a call. he may be stupid, but he knows crimin’.

5 Likes

That’s one hundred and 44 hundredths copyright violations of John Cage’s 4:33.

3 Likes

At this point, I’m willing to take whatever we can get.* Bonus points for charges and a trial that ends with him going to prison, along with his coup cronies.

*As long as it means he can never run for office in the US again.

8 Likes

To be fair, maybe he genuinely doesn’t because most of his calls are made on burner phones - so they’re just “phones” in his mind

4 Likes

You’d have to screen out all the calls for take-out before you get to the juicy stuff.

So about 450 minutes of the total will be about his ‘…tremendous win in Ohio, so, so beautiful, people were coming up to him and crying - and a portion of onion fries with that - now let me tell you about Wisconsin, they said there was no way I could win there - make that two portions…’

2 Likes

After the House select committee investigating January 6th revealed that there was a seven-hour gap in Donald J. Trump’s phone records for that day, the former President said that the hiatus was caused by a marathon of shark documentaries on the Discovery Channel.

“I was flipping around the channels, and suddenly I see the sharks,” he said. “I never miss the sharks.”

Trump said that the moment he saw that Discovery was airing shark documentaries, he turned off his phone and did not turn it on again until the marathon had concluded.

8 Likes

Anyone else reminded of the Nixon tapes?

Even if they were clever enough to see the trap, the suspects may not be clever enough to realize that the intentionally fuzzy, inevitable “I have no recollection” response to questioning (strategically buttressed by the fallback “Oh, I guess I forgot about that” ploy when damning evidence is presented) would not work. And why?

3 Likes

Looks right. Feels right. Smells right.

5 Likes

He should really go swimming near Mar-a-Lago and meet Scot…

10 Likes

It should be easy to check Discovery’s programming for that day, if it were really needed. Shark Week is in the summer.

9 Likes
10 Likes