8 interesting facts about Rep. Lauren Boebert

Sorry, not trying to. Just the whole not learning a damn thing from anything.

3 Likes

She’s been convicted more times than Meyer Lansky!

5 Likes

As a child of the 70’s, they told us that “all voices matter!” and that “anyone can become President!” and now I’m not so sure.

8 Likes

It probably wasn’t even her pickup truck. She’s such dishonest trash.

5 Likes

No Way GIF by GIPHY News

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

25 Likes

Discount bin Palin is going to implode spectacularly. Meth may be involved.

27 Likes

I am curious to see how these GQP candidates do in their reelections. I mean, both MTJ and Boebert apparently did a ton of in-person outreach when they were running, but without ripping the mask over the craziness off. I know that here in Colorado, newspapers in her areas are generally pretty harsh on her. It’s such a physically broad area, though. I have heard that one candidate running against her has a pretty strong local presence, but it’s (thankfully) not my district so I’m not sure.

They will have a ton of money to use, which is DEPRESSING, but we’ll see.

9 Likes

No, they’ve got it right. It’s just now a threat where it used to be an encouragement.

6 Likes

You are correct. I am simply noting the way “interesting” at BB is typically a stand-in for “shameful”, the same way “gentleman” is typically a stand-in for “fool” or “asshole”.

The parental leave part is important enough that it should have been included in the commentary.

14 Likes

Yeah, I would have preferred something like Boebert opposes parental leave even though she put her own high school education on hold for 17 years to have her first child.”

20 Likes

LOL, maybe they should’ve opted for a C-section if it was going to take that long. /s

17 Likes

I wish they’d stop voting for her, f’ing cows & horses. /s

24 Likes

Leaving so soon?

7 Likes

realized my comment had my gmail profile pic and panicked, and deleted. lol

13 Likes

But isn’t this true of every blue state?

7 Likes

Not sure I agree with this. My take is that “white trash” is a different flavor of “human trash.” It elicits a particular image, where something more general like “human trash” does not. In other words, “white trash” is a subset of “human trash.” “White trash” wouldn’t even cover all types of “white people I’m trying to insult.” It’s generally only poor whites, for instance.

2 Likes

Much smarter people than I (such as sociologist Matt Wray and historian Nancy Isenberg) have written at length on why that term reinforces both classism and white supremacy. I agree with them that it’s past time to let it go.

24 Likes

Seem to me that all these interesting facts are features, not bugs, to her Qpublican supporters.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: She’s a classy lady.

Just getting my trollpamine hit for the day.

1 Like

@frauenfelder This factoid " Boebert is a high school drop-out." should be contextualized. In and of itself it doesn’t seem like it should be on a list of otherwise-shameful stuff.

8 Likes