9/11 Truthers still not done

[Read the post]

1 Like

I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever be rid of them entirely, but hopefully theyā€™ll at least get down to ā€œthe moon landing was a hoax!ā€ levels soon.

12 Likes

None of the cranks ever really go away; their scene just dwindles into a shell of its former self.

Case in point: we still have flat earthers!

15 Likes

Except now the flat earthers are making a lot of noise!

The most often repeated ā€˜evidenceā€™ is that jet fuel doesnā€™t get hot enough to melt steel.
Of course they miss the simple fact that tall a tower provides plenty of O2 to the fire. Coal only burns at around 1000Ā°F but add a little air and itā€™s easy to reach the the 2750Ā°F needed to melt steel.

15 Likes

Also that the steel wouldnā€™t even need to melt, just weaken enough for the weight of the upper floors to do the rest.

17 Likes

Ugh! You sheeple need to just watch this video! Youā€™ll see!

The only thing as bad as truthers are the ā€œNever Forget!ā€ people who tell me Iā€™m not being patriotic enough on the 11th.

20 Likes

Fuck ā€˜em. My little brother was driving past the Pentagon when the plane hit. It was a plane. He even called me and told me so later on. A frickinā€™ jet is hard to mistake as a missile.

20 Likes

I am always surprised that it is not nuts on the left that are the 9-11 truthers, Bush-Cheney seem like exactly the Operation Nothwoods authorizing types.

4 Likes

Who would decide to stop asking questions when there are ample reasons (inconsistencies, glaring omissions, very questionable and/or anomalous facts) that justify, if anything, continuing to ask questions?

I would have guessed that the predominantly intellectually minded commenters (and authors) here at BB would hold the truth regarding 9/11 in higher regard, especially given the impact that day continues to have on us. I must say Iā€™m disappointed.

8 Likes

quite right but of course they did find melted steel in the rubble. They also found ā€œevidenceā€ of thermiteā€¦ but then again, you would kind of expect that when you burn a massive amount of steel and aluminum together.

13 Likes

Iā€™m not asking for these people to understand phase diagrams or annealing processes, but anyone can see this by trying at home how much weaker steel can get when heated with a torch.

If they then consider how the building load bearing structure was already damaged by the impact, it should be obvious how a jet fuel fire can critically weaken a damaged structure enough to bring it down.

Here I am getting carried away when no amount of evidence is going to change many of these folks mindsā€¦

11 Likes

Why? General Ripper came first.

2 Likes

And emotional reasoning like that is exactly why the truthers need to get you to see the light. I mean, your brother? Youā€™re going to believe him over some rando on the internet that watched a video, man?

6 Likes

Next time someone tells you ā€œjet fuel canā€™t melt steel beamsā€, just tell them ā€œof course it can, look at the twin towersā€ and stand back and enjoy.

Also, you missed a > at the end of the first paragraph Rob. Itā€™s turned the entire post into one giant link.

6 Likes

Who would? Of course, there are not ample reasons to do so, so we donā€™t.

Be disappointed all you want, weā€™re already disappointed in the cognitive abilities of truthers.

6 Likes

In the history of modern construction (~20th century) never once has a building collapsed from fire. But on 9/11, not only did this happen, it happened to three buildings, one of which had no contact with jet fuel.

4 Likes

Do you expect people to not laugh in your face?

14 Likes

That is what the US NFPA taught until 2001, guess they never considered a 767 loaded with fuel for that calculation.
I am curious what did the findings come out for on the smaller building which collapsed?
(edit)ohdamnit, hope I didnā€™t just feed a 28min old trollā€¦

12 Likes

Whatā€™s frustrating is that the hunt for mysterious forces behind the attack siphons off much of the public outrage about the way the government has openly transformed civil rights during the ā€œemergencyā€ that began on that day, and has been extended every year by Bush and now Obama.

22 Likes