17 years ago today Trump boasted that he now had the tallest building in downtown Manhattan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/11/17-years-ago-today-trump-boast.html

8 Likes

19 Likes

images%20(2)

26 Likes

Why so down on Trump for looking at the bright side? The glass isn’t half empty, it’s half full. . . of urine. Sweet delicious urine.

16 Likes

If there’s one thing he knows how to do, it’s put the “ass” in “bombastic”.

14 Likes

31 Likes

Trump is literally incapable of considering the import of any person, place or event from any perspective other than “how does this relate to ME PERSONALLY?”

39 Likes

He also likes to pretend that he “helped clear rubble” on 9/11 and considers himself a first responder.

And apparently he gets PUMPED UP by 9/11 (or as he calls it, 7/11), based on this photo of him, taken today, arriving at the Flight 93 Memorial Service.

29 Likes

Well… He did give $1,000 to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project. Except that was a Scientology scam, and was probably for a $1000/plate dinner with Tom Cruise and other celebrities.

14 Likes

If it was from anyone other than Trump it would’ve been decent gallows humor.

4 Likes

Trump was just talking about how he was at ground zero helping to clean up afterwards. There’s no evidence he was ever there, even to gawk.

Although that pales in light of his false claims about donations while instead profiting from the tragedy…

But at least he’s taking an appropriately solemn and respectful attitude today.

26 Likes

And no matter what it his, his is bigger and better. Especially when it’s not.

Is there any chance someone could convince him that all the best Presidents in history dueled with pistols at dawn?

22 Likes

We really have to get beyond the obvious fact that he’s a garbage person and always has been and focus on the fact that at least a quarter of the electorate thinks he was well-suited to hold any public office.

20 Likes

Is there a button that isn’t “like” but I totally get your point?

19 Likes

I doubt they actually believe he’s suitable, it’s just that to them, even White garbage is still better than a Black person or a woman running things.

23 Likes

Same reaction he had to that school shooting in Florida:

And this holocaust memorial:

17 Likes

@gracchus focus on the fact that at least a quarter of the electorate thinks he was well-suited to hold any public office.

tumblr_pe5lnyePUw1r3aa23o1_540

34 Likes

It’s almost as if, to get him to fulfill any of his official duties that require getting off his ass (when it’s not a rally of sycophants) they have to convince him it’s just a fun field trip…

16 Likes

Maybe it’s true. I mean he really could see Russia from it.

8 Likes

This is why a lot of other models I’ve tried to use to understand Trump don’t work. I find if I ask the question, “does this make Donald Trump look better in the eyes of Donald Trump right now?” it answers predictably for almost all actions.

19 Likes