17 years ago today Trump boasted that he now had the tallest building in downtown Manhattan

“Barack Obama holds the presidential Russian roulette record — five pulls of the trigger.”

25 Likes

12 Likes

I think that maybe an eighth of the electorate, at best, thought that (either out of greed – because rich people knew he’d probably drive up the market and deregulate big business – or because they agreed with his racist spew, or they thought he’d be good for the military). The rest either simply hated their other options or wanted to flip the tables on government out of spite and lulz.

11 Likes

Lying douchebag lies and is a douchebag. Huh.

1 Like

17 years ago I’d never really heard of trump.He wasn’t on my radar. A tacky hotel chain, yeah, whatevs.

I’d give anything to go back and kick the shit out of those terrorist mother fuckers before they even thought of the words flight school.

2 Likes

We all would. This is all the proof you need there will never be time travel.

EDITL I just saw the perfect headline:

For 17 years, Donald Trump has attempted to show decency on 9/11. For 17 years, he has failed.

25 Likes

Not surprising, nor shocking.
He sees every event only by the way it affects him: Aretha Franklin dies, he remembers how he once hired her, not for the positive force she was; the Twin Towers are destroyed in a vicious act and what he sees is he now has the tallest building in the area.

8 Likes

Boy, I don’t know… Many of the Trump supporters I talk to seem to very firmly believe that he is doing great things, just as they expected he would.

1 Like

There was a time that I would have been inclined to agree with that charitable estimate but no longer.

You’re describing other 22% or so of those who voted for him, although spite is always a motivating force with the Know-Nothing 27%.

6 Likes

OMG, look at the face of the secret service guy behind him (I’m guessing that’s secret service)… Melania looks a little annoyed, too.

15 Likes

Tasteless cretin! Complete lack of social graces and/or charm with about as much subtlety as a house brick.

2 Likes

#neverforgetthatdonaldtrumpisafatliar

8 Likes

My first thought was she looks like she is considering the pros and cons between poison and piano wire.

13 Likes

Oh, Melania is definitely a poison person… do you think she’d want to fuck up her lovely manicure?

19 Likes

You could, very easily. And then he’ll claim that he does it all the time.

7 Likes

She’s been slipping him neurotoxin for the last 13 years but it’s been taking its sweet time finishing him off.

9 Likes

She’s just pissed that she has to leave her condo and room service to stand in the cold because of a few pissants she couldn’t “care less” about. Trust me, they are a match.

7 Likes

True but I could also see her cosplaying Leia taking out Jaba. Nails grow back but the feeling of revenge is forever.

6 Likes

You know, Don, President Hamilton was in a duel and he’s very popular now. Maybe someday they’d write songs about you!

9 Likes

Trump%20Teletubby

12 Likes