911 calls show aftermath of Gender Reveal IED

Originally published at: 911 calls show aftermath of Gender Reveal IED | Boing Boing

6 Likes

You can buy 80lbs of explosive on Amazon in a oner? Wtaf?

10 Likes

Coming next after the break: extreme high-energy cosmic rays - are these Kardashian Type III civilisation gender reveals?

8 Likes

It looks like the Amazon product is coloured clay to be exploded with a gun. I doubt it is legal to ship explosives by mail, even in the USA.

9 Likes

Right. The product description (and box) clearly says “Exploding Target” but it’s just as clearly a lie.

10 Likes

I don’t know much about guns, but from the Amazon link:

Toss target ball up and shoot or sit the ball on the end of the barrel to ensure a good hit and large explosion!

“Sit the ball on the end of the barrel” seems like a bad idea. Would ensure a good hit, though.

7 Likes

Sure can!

Just not on Amazon.

7 Likes

I applaud the human stupidity of gender reveal everywhere.

16 Likes

The moment I read the headline I knew it was tannerite, the official multi-purpose explosive choice of American idiots (including Boogaloo and militia types).

20 Likes

how is it that people are still doing this?

10 Likes

Well, I mean, it will probably explode … if something - like a shotgun - applies sufficient force to it. One might argue that most sealed objects do so. It seems unlikely that it would do so by itself though.

2 Likes

How else are forest fires going to start?

:dart:Package includes 1 Pink and 1 Blue Exploding Target. MUST Shoot this orange target ball WITH A SHOTGUN using any bird shot or clay shot to reveal the gender of your new Baby!

What I don’t understand is how the Target Ball knows the gender of the baby?

Also

911 calls show aftermath of Gender Reveal IED

Nine Hundred and Eleven calls seems to be rather excessive for such a sparsely populated areas.

10 Likes

Oh, that’s easy. Freedumbs! It is a United States citizens inalienable right to do whatever ridiculously inept and dangerous shit they want and no one should be allowed to stop them, whether or not it impacts anyone.

Freedumbs. The choice of every generation.

11 Likes

If you shoot an apple it will explode, right? The explositivity is not internal, it is supplied by the gun.

3 Likes

Are people blowing shit up for babies because babies aren’t badass enough? Like, if babies were born wielding huge guns and smoking cigars and cursing would dudes be like “oh, sweet, we don’t need to blow shit up anymore, this baby is badass enough on its own.”

6 Likes

EXPLOSIVE GENDERFORMING is SO 2017-2020. I love that tag!

Questions.

1. Can they be shot to explode from a distance with improvised bicycle spoke arrows or slingshots?

2. Do they ship to Myanmar?

Asking for 55 million friends.

Edit: This other bullet from the Amazon description is insane.

• :dart:Don’t worry about missing, if you lightly toss the ball up they have been made thick so they will not break if they come back down. Please throw over grass and gently outward if this is a concern.:dart:Toss target ball up and shoot or sit the ball on the end of the barrel to ensure a good hit and large explosion! WEAR SAFTEY GOGGLES AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE GUN.

Just toss it up over your head and shoot it.

I really really wish some good trolls would swap blue and pink before shipping.

I hope this doesn’t happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone does a William Tell with this and that will be the end of the product.

2 Likes

Sure, but the same is true of … everything? Find me an Apple listed for sale as an “Exploding Apple”

4 Likes

I don´t get this whole gender reveal bullshit. Who cares if your crouchspawn has a dick or not? And why do you need to blow shit up to announce it to a world that doesn´t give a crap? I guess thats one of those things I´m to European to understand.

8 Likes

As long as the baby remembers not to look back as it walks away from its exploding mother. :sunglasses: :boom:

7 Likes

You get more range than a hand throw, I guess. :wink:

2 Likes