'98 Special' sized pre-roll cones are the cones for me

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/98-special-sized-pre-roll.html

2 Likes

But I don’t smoke tobacco what could I use such a thing for

Edit: oh

8 Likes

It does explain a lot about this place.

5 Likes

pre-roll cones? do kids even know HOW to roll their own anymore? is this another skill destined to be lost to the ages?

15 Likes

I learned how to roll cone joints in late 80s early 90s Paris. I can do a standard L shape collage, fit the cardboard filter made from a cigarette pack top or a metro ticket, and roll a pretty well shaped cone. But really, it’s a pain in the ass, and I much much prefer to use these pre rolled cones. Nothing wrong with that.

4 Likes

4:20 is right around the corner…

4 Likes

It is unnecessary to tell us how shocked and/or disapproving you are to find marijuana and other drug culture content on Boing Boing.

8 Likes

It explains all the bread, pizza and BBQ you dabble in! :smile:

7 Likes

I’m approving right now.

11 Likes

I always used to use a little rolling machine that looked like this :

I don’t think they had these cone things back then. What’s the advantage?

5 Likes

I always saw those cone joints in European blogs, and thought they were pretty cool. But I prefer to smoke out of pipe because it’s more cost effective. When I do roll a joint, I just glue two papers together, and roll em up. I don’t need no cardboard roach end, I just make sure to keep the airway unimpeded (that’s also why God invented paper clips… at least that’s just what I assumed).

Anyhow, I bought some pre-rolled down at the cannabis store, and lo and behold, they’re big cone joints!

When I was kid, all the liquor stores sold these. It wasn’t until I was in college that I finally figured out what they were for.

8e5a138c876174aa005a570001b008e5

8 Likes

I quit smoking.

7 Likes

Or when portability is more important.

3 Likes

Will I get in trouble for suggesting that the British “99 Flake” is 1 better?

2 Likes

ETA

I must be tired. Briefly, I thought this was a post about home improvement. I thought, “Joints in what? Doors?” sigh

6 Likes

Honest question, as well: do cones burn more easily or offer a smoking advantage to skinny-cigar-shaped hand-rolls? I noticed that all of the pre-rolls in Amsterdam were cone-shaped.

1 Like

well, i was thinking more of the traditional twisted-ends kind, not the cone. i couldn’t roll a cone to save my life. haha

3 Likes

…why do most people still smoke cannabis when great vaporizers are so readily available? Smoking is unhealthy, unclean, and inefficient - what are the advantages? (Serious question, not trying to be sanctimonious here. My lungs can’t handle smoke, they can barely handle vapor, so if smoking is more pleasant in some way I wouldn’t know.)

3 Likes

I never see commercial “rolled” joints, just cones. I think the taper may allow for less running of the burning material?

2 Likes

You’re not the only one.

I was like “is this some sort of wood putty dispenser? Like an for for cake icing, but silicone?”

ooooohh. No.