A 76-year-old Asian woman fights off an attacker with a stick, sending him to the hospital

Yeah, the part where the white racist scumbag likes long walks on the beach & red wine, that he once was in the boy scouts was left out. /s

13 Likes

Having grown up with a tiny but very fast and angry Asian Mom, I can honestly tell you that you don’t mess cranky Asian ladies. It’s never worth the fight as this a-hole figured out.

But as I’ve said before, these racist assholes always focus on either elderly people or small young women… I wonder why?.. I mean, weirdly, you don’t hear reports that they’re hanging out outside of an muay thai gym to confront the 6 foot tall ripped guy… Hmm… could it be that these shit heads are aiming for what they think are easy targets? (not so much in this case though…)

11 Likes

Roget That! And watch out for the flying slipper/shoe, you know what I’m talking about…

8 Likes

Nah man, it was always a wooden stirring spoon, or rice paddle (those are the worst), or something similar.

My Hispanic friends though, they truly fear la chancla (and I’ve seen those things whipped through doorways with deadly accuracy.

I think maybe with southeast Asians there’s more of a “fear Mom with her slides” thing.

5 Likes

My German Mother deployed with deadly accuracy the iron ladle, woa be the child that pissed Frau Von Holtje off.

9 Likes

Yeah, I noticed this. Even when she’s clearly distressed and pacing, with the cops all around, there’s one point where’s she’s kinda gesturing with the stick at the guy who’s cuffed to the stretcher.

I thought “Oh Crap… this is where he gets to soak up a few more hits to the head”, and a police officer comes over to kind of keep her separate. …but still doesn’t take her stick away. TBH, I wouldn’t want to be the person to take her stick away either.

6 Likes

Punching someone that old in the face should probably get you nailed for attempted murder, that’s just vile.

14 Likes

Roger That! I was really hoping for another pasting on his melon, you know, for her to tell the friends and family later, strictly as a conversational point and perhaps retribution. I know, I know, it’s wrong of me…

5 Likes

I woulda been tempted to very obviously “be drawn away” when she had the stick out again.

2 Likes

I feel sick with disgust over these recent attacks. I hope I never have to witness one, because if my personal history attacking bullies in high school is any indication, I’m going to commit assault. I don’t do the passive bystander thing very well. The only thing that enraged me more than being bullied was watching someone even more helpless than me being bullied. I can’t tolerate it.

6 Likes

asianattacktwtr

5 Likes

They were both taken to the hospital.

1 Like

Gosh, I’ll sleep better knowing that.

4 Likes

This Human Garbage’s name is Steven Jenkins:

8 Likes

That’s not what I find confusing. Absolutely checking him out and making sure he’s not seriously injured is the right thing to do, despite his asshole behavior. But if getting whacked was why he went to the hospital, why does the Vice article say it was for a “prior, pre-existing condition”? Did he have a life-saving surgery scheduled that day and stopped on the way to commit hate crimes, or what? Glad to hear that his victim also got medical attention, that’s a relief.

2 Likes

Maybe the security guard got in a few whacks to get him away from the elderly gentleman…

My post has been removed. I am sorry, I never meant to cause offence. Just hoping for some unity whereby people may realise that we are all in this together.

Sure. If the person they were arrested had not been white, they wouldn’t have done that.

8 Likes

You don’t fix a problem by ignoring it. :woman_shrugging: People aren’t all exactly alike and acknowledge difference doesn’t mean we have to live in conflict.

10 Likes

New York City area too. We have a huge Asian pop here in Queens and there have been a number of incidents.

4 Likes