A beautiful day at NPR's Tiny Desk: Bono and The Edge share U2's stripped-down sound

Originally published at: A beautiful day at NPR's Tiny Desk: Bono and The Edge share U2's stripped-down sound | Boing Boing

2 Likes

So where did the tax haven story end up? It looked like he was involved, he denied it, then nothing, then he shows up on yachts with 1% tax evaders.

2 Likes

Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of is a beautiful song, especially in this format.

I’m never not going to love U2 for the meaning they’ve had to my young adulthood, and the impact many of their songs have had on me. But sometimes I find myself wishing Bono would just shut up and sing. Uncharitable? Maybe.

2 Likes

Bono displaying one of the skills inherent in all great performers: making the precisely rehearsed look spontaneous.

Beautiful Day is such a joyous song, it made me happy to watch.

3 Likes

They don’t do good interviews

Rattle and Hum was full of cringe

They know how to do one thing—write little poems and perform them with music—and as long as that’s all we expect, they’re pretty good at it …

2 Likes

One looks effortlessly cool, and the other is the lead singer.

2 Likes

3 Likes

They are my go-to example of “love the art, ignore the artist.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.