A bench press made from a tree

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/17/a-bench-press-made-from-a-tree.html

4 Likes

I think “bench press” means the exercise. What they built there is a bench. A pressing bench. A bench-press bench.

Full disclosure: I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about. And I’m too lazy to Google it.

5 Likes

Yabba dabba doo!

8 Likes

Rusty is dreaming of lumber jacks today!

2 Likes

Come back when they’ve made a bench press like one of these:

5 Likes

buffdudes:

Have you ever walked by a tree and thought to yourself “I bet I could make a bench press out of that…” :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

It’s nice to see that Jamie guy from Progressive get some time off.

2 Likes

Are you sure?

5 Likes

This is one of those times when something becomes so macho that it turns gay. They’ve passed the Tom of Finland line.

5 Likes

I could’nt watch the full video of ‘buff dudes’, too much testosterone for me. But they’re not real men until they can benchpress that tree with their erect penis’s.

2 Likes

That’s probably just because “Buff Dudes” sounds way gayer than “guys who look like they’re juicing steroids”.

1 Like

Haha, I started weightlifting a few months ago. No bench press yet but I could probably put my hands on a chainsaw and some hazard trees.

Lumber Jill instead of Jackhammer Jill?

2 Likes

Those videos are on through a paywall on YouTube Red.

1 Like

Whichever pants fit!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! I started back in my twenties because I worked above a laboratory researching the effects of weightlifting on slowing the progression of arthritis. The results of just a couple of months of rat studies* was so unequivocal, a bunch of squishy nerds were scared into the gym. I saw them running to the weight machines, and thought, “Jeez…don’t need to tell me twice!”

*No, I have no idea how they got the rats to be gym rats. I didn’t even get to see the little tiny dumbbells.

5 Likes

Woulda been more impressed if they didn’t use chainsaws to do the cutting. What, handsaws too much?

Nice touch, though, of the drone shot when they split the tree. That was some smooth optics.

Final thought: Dad’s gotta quit flexin’. His boy’s doing enough of that for the both of 'em.

1 Like

No, but I thought I could make a bench that could be used for a bench press.

1 Like

Is that attempting to be music?

You’d think there wouldn’t be much difference between pumping iron and pumping wood, but YouTube’s Acceptable Use Policy says otherwise.

2 Likes