A black guest of DoubleTree gets kicked out of the hotel for calling his mother in the lobby

@Melz2

Doesn’t ‘Single Sided Double Density’ also describe the attitudes of the lobby guard and hotel management?

6 Likes

Please forgive me, I need to find better words, for I totally didn’t mean to imply… I know I will never have the capacity to even begin to imagine the resulting reality of having such experiences; like for my entire life.

7 Likes

considering the security guard “doubled down” after picking him out yet still seeing the door-card, this absolutely has happened before, it’s gotta be a pattern and I bet some journalist will turn up something

ps. this is very much like that wrestling ref that made that dude cut off his hair claiming a “regulation” when it turns out the kid didn’t actually have to do that and there were other options - in the end there is finally slow justice for these kinds of incidents when in previous years it would have slipped by

5 Likes

An awesome thing about life is you only need to live up to your own standards of behavior. What anyone else tells you they think is appropriate is just hot air.

Exactly. People seem to miss the difference between “worth getting riled up about” and “safe to get riled up.”

This is worth getting riled up over, and for those of us for whom it is safe, we should.

13 Likes

Yep.

‘Risk assessment’ is part of everyday life as a POC.

9 Likes

I’m just glad his phone didn’t look like a gun. smdh. :unamused:

3 Likes

If this man wants justice from the Hilton chain, he can pursue a civil lawsuit. But what has me spinning, is the transition from, “we only rent to black people when we feel like it, so go find a listing in your green book” to, “You’re not wanted here, go nicely or be arrested, or worse” by the police.

I mean, if a cop feels like Im wasting his time by phoning for help, he is not going to be shy about it. Every time Ive reported a property crime, Ive gotten the same kinda yawn from the cops. And had the guest been another cop, or rich, or white, the responding officer most likely would have thought twice about the question, “is anything wrong here?”

So hate all you want on DoubleTree by Hilton®, I hope they get special mention in the green book for this one. But its Rose City’s finest that escalated this from a civil matter to a criminal one, and there is no seeking justice for that.

8 Likes

Why not compromise?

Same Shit Double Density

11 Likes

8 Likes

That it was in a police report as a characterization of a POC they interacted with means it is almost certainly a lie.

12 Likes

Bodycam or it didn’t happen.

8 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder the same thing. It doesn’t seem reasonable or legal. I’d like to imagine he will be receiving a refund, a public apology, & denouncement/removal of all gulity parties.

3 Likes

They may not as an organization but clearly they hired some fool who did. So they need to fire that guy and make things right.

2 Likes

Not before some smear of “he’s no innocent” on asocial media like Fox News.

5 Likes

These days, it’s America’s present, amiright?

The victim was a one year old.

14 Likes

Especially since in the US cop mind any one questioning their actions or use of their authority is belligerence.

8 Likes

So tired of this bullshit.

9 Likes