A brief history of ketchup and mustard

Agreed, except…
Fries: Salt, Old Bay, and other dry spices are great. Dipping them into melted cheese or sprinkling them with vinegar is a nice change. Soaking them in anything - especially gravy - just no. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That’s more of a baked potato thing.

2 Likes

Around the World.

Ketchup has the better song.

5 Likes
3 Likes

So Mayo au des frites, ammirite?

6 Likes

No ketchup on French fries. Ever.

2 Likes

Chilli sauce on everything.

And I do mean everything

4 Likes

FTFY… [ETA] and the rest of ya condiment bigots.

5 Likes

OK, I’ll bite…

You keep ketchup in the fridge?

1 Like

I prefer the more laid-back musical association with ketchup from my childhood:

1 Like

Yes. Don’t yuck someone else’s yum. @orenwolf, I’ve got a proposal for a community rule addition!

3 Likes

The bottle in my fridge says I’m supposed to

5 Likes

Toast the bun, slather w/mayo, put on the dog, ladle w/chili, optional onions & cheese on top

If I put ketchup on a burger, it’s to embed pickle slices in there.

Mayo or PIckapeppa sauce/A1 steak sauce for dipping, otherwise drown 'em in chili

Depends on the sandwich. Mayo for turkey, mustard for ham, etc…
Maybe mix ketchup w/mayo, mustard, tabasco, etc.

ETA:

If I want a snack, I’ll get (or make) NY/thin crust.
If I want a meal, then it’s Chicago style.
Hey, it’s all good!

F532Eee

A friend told me about a wonderful birthday prank she pulled on another friend, with some assistance/assistants.

Another friend picked up both of them, and birthday boy rode shotgun. They took a long, scenic drive out into the country. They saw very little traffic out there. They came to a stop at the only traffic light they’d seen, next to another stopped car. Their driver inquired of the chaps in the other car, “Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?” The gent on the passenger side replied, “But of course!” as he opened the glove box, and handed him a jar thereof. The other car then drove off, and birthday boy was utterly gobsmacked. :smiley:

I dislike tomatoes, and the only ketchup I ever liked had sriracha in it. Mustard, OTOH is something I love in many forms, but not French’s or any other dull, yellow stuff. I became addicted to Lowensenf when I worked at a German deli, which may be legally required or something. The painfully spicy Chinese mustard is a beast to be reckoned with, and only a few molecules’ll clear yr sinuses.

5 Likes
7 Likes

The Townsend 18th century cooking stuff is always a treat to watch. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Chicagoans: Katchup on Hotdogs is gross and disgusting!

Chicagoans: Carefully design a hotdog topping regimen that includes all ingredients of catchup without mixing them together… down to the celery salt.

8 Likes

Did he call that a “squeeze cloth”? Or am I mishearing?

2 Likes

Dude, Mayo is the most fucking evil, wretched thing ever. I’m with you.

1 Like