A compilation of expensive fails

FTFY  

Everyone has a purpose in life. Some people serve as an example of how not to do things.
For me, I spend a lot of time doing things that could be terribly destructive if done improperly. Sometimes, I get the delicious relief from watching some crane disaster in knowing that I was not responsible for that one.
At work, we spend a lot of time analyzing accident videos, with the goal of preventing it happening to us, or at least taking the right actions if it were to happen.

2 Likes

I have to take issue with this because I believe the phone manufacturers should bear some responsibility in preventing VVS. the phone knows which way is up, so the video could be rotated automatically to always shoot in landscape mode. I understand that on the technical side this would necessitate the use of a square image sensor (if they’re not already square) and cropping at the software level, but the point is, it could easily be done. And nobody is doing it.

3 Likes

True, but that’s like trying to tackle the drug problem at the supply side. Of course it should be done, but at the end of the day it’s all about the money. So the best bet is invalidating the business model by having the demand dry up.

(Edit in order to correct mispeling1).)

1) I’m entirely with Jasper Fforde - this is how it should be spelled.

1 Like

Personal fave was the engagement ring dropped in the river. What kind of muppet asks someone to film his proposal?

1 Like

If looking at how wonderful the lives of our friends are on Facebook makes us depressed about our own lives, then maybe watching videos like this will counteract some of that.

Like, sure I’m unemployed and have just finished watching Netflix on the neighbor’s wifi, but at least I didn’t crash my Ferrari into my Lamborghini!

3 Likes

The cheapest of their fails probably. Those are only ~$50. Though I’d bet the phone dropped in the pool was fine since it recorded the whole time and there’s video of the whole thing. Kind of all over the place for ‘expensive.’

There’s a subtle implication there…

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I enjoyed the lowrider that got stuck getting out of the driveway. Would love to see more of those on my daily drives.

3 Likes
1 Like

But definitely the most adorable.

—although that would be taking control away from the user. If you’re taking a portrait of somebody’s face or a whole body picture of somebody standing, a vertical format maximizes the pixels devoted to the subject as opposed to the background. At some level, maximizing the subject and minimizing the extraneous matter is WHY we have photos, monitors, paintings etc. that are not at at 1:1 aspect ratio.

This explains why they wind up off the road so much, they yearn to be free. My jeep has the same problem, so I take it to the jeep park occasionally and let it run around and play with other jeeps until it’s tired out.

5 Likes

Any “Fail” that involves the beyond-repair-force-majeure-disassemblement of a drone is fine by me :joy:

1 Like

What happened to the racing car? The windscreen suddenly went black. Did the bonnet flip up or something?

1 Like

In England yesterday a guy spent £200,000 on a brand new Ferrari and totalled it one hour layer! Hurrah!

1 Like

yup 

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.