🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

If the president of the United States is that susceptible to influence from people around him, that in itself is impeachable. He’s not fit for office. I mean, of course it’s not hypothetical. He’s literally not fit for the office he holds.

10 Likes
10 Likes

At least 2 “arms” on that saguaro, so it may have been alive during the Civil War!

8 Likes

So I only just realized that Dan Scavino is Trump’s director of social media. That video of Trump dancing is actually something produced by the White House. So it’s propaganda. I should have put some kind of warning.

1 Like
15 Likes

Dear Donald-

From the depths of my heart and in sincere concern for your health, let me suggest that you just resign now and save yourself the pain and humiliation of a trial in the Senate.

I’m looking forward to you getting on with what remains of your life. So much awaits you in the private sector! I can’t wait for you to be charged with fraud, tax evasion, and money laundering in the Southern District of New York!

Sincerely,
Faffenreffer

9 Likes

Lifted from that thread:

EGMueo0WwAMC7yT

13 Likes

7 Likes

Well well well… this is some uber strong Trumpian projection if I say so

10 Likes

Loser

ha%20ha

14 Likes

This will result in our firmest and most effective allies in the region being slaughtered. Trump is nothing if not consistent.

11 Likes

If ever trump is taken out by some unfortunate event, the list of suspects will infinite.

6 Likes

I feel for folks in the region. The whole Rojava experiment is something I feel that’s worth defending but obviously capitalists won’t have any of that if they can.

5 Likes

Unfortunate for him maybe; a boon granted for the rest of us.

And ye shall know them by the gold–plated (N.B.: not actual gold) knives sticking out of their backs.

5 Likes

In a 75-page ruling, Judge Marrero called the president’s argument “repugnant to the nation’s governmental structure and constitutional values.” Presidents, their families and businesses are not above the law, the judge wrote.

unfortunately

Lawyers for Mr. Trump quickly told the court they would appeal the ruling from Judge Victor Marrero of Manhattan federal court. An appeal is likely to mean further delays.

The first footnote of the opinion

1 The Court notes a measure of ambiguity regarding whether the President purports to bring this suit in his official capacity as President The President never explicitly states that he does , yet his arguments depend on his status as the sitting President Whether privately retained , non government attorneys accountable only to the President an individual are entitled to invoke an immunity allegedly derived from the office of the Presidency raises questions not addressed here . In any event, the Court finds resolution of this ambiguity unnecessary to its analysis .

The opinion is a scorcher

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/1878-07nytrump-ruling/3febb8a88a32dc2e6521/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

11 Likes

Stop your fooling around
Time you straighten right out
Better think of your future
Else you’ll wind up in jail

5 Likes

Any lawyers here have a clue how long they can stretch this fight out?

1 Like

IANAL, but they have to move quickly to not only file the appeal but get a stay granted from the appellate court, since the ruling ended the stay that was in place. I’m sure President Biff’s lawyers won’t hand over the returns, but the subpoena was also issued to his accountants, and they might not be as keen on jail time.

5 Likes

Whither the IRS? Speaking of people who are legally required to act according to the law… Why must the returns come from the people filing them?

7 Likes

Trump, the Great and Powerful. Just pull back the damn curtain already.

12 Likes