šŸ–• šŸŠ šŸ¤” A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events šŸ–• šŸŠ šŸ¤”

This ruling affects the subpoenas from the State of New York. They did not subpoena the IRS, to my knowledge. Congress has subpoenaā€™ed the IRS for his tax returns, and that case is still pending.

6 Likes

state prosecutors wouldnā€™t have any power to compel a federal agency to cooperate with them

5 Likes

ā€œAt every step of the way, he is executing Russian foreign policy. He is basically Putinā€™s foreign minister. They have him. Itā€™s over,ā€ Kander said.

Alsoā€¦

"Managing and containing the combustive mixture of volatile factors in the U.S.-Russian relationship is a daunting but far from impossible challenge. Washingtonā€™s approach must dispassionately balance firmness with accommodation, military readiness with diplomatic outreachā€”all without skewing too far toward either concession or confrontation. Itā€™s a difficult balance, but the United States is not even attempting it at the moment." -Politico

Hmmm I wonder why?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/10/07/were-more-at-risk-of-nuclear-war-with-russia-than-we-think-229436

Edit: Putinā€™s birthday was today. Kicking the Kurds to the curb will make Putin very happy.

16 Likes

Technically correct, but not in the way he intends it.

8 Likes

(wow, that was fast. :wink:)

I keep checking this a few times a week. No real movement yet.

But when it does budgeā€¦ Especially the Rassmussen pollsā€¦

3 Likes

ā€¦and thatā€™s a bad thing because?

16 Likes

With the added ā€˜benefitā€™ of cutting women at a higher rate than men from their jobs.

8 Likes

Citation needed

4 Likes

All inquiries of a factual nature are to be addressed to the Presidentā€™s new Citation Czar, Jared Kushner.

6 Likes

The Real President speaksā€¦

Back off or Iā€™ll impeach your ass!

(Yeah, I know, heā€™d never say that.)

7 Likes

I still donā€™t understand how unflappable his cult following is that heā€™s managed to keep a near constant 40% across his time in office (ignoring the outliers like Rasmussen that always oversample Republicans).

6 Likes

The same 40% that lifted Hitler into power.

7 Likes

In todayā€™s edition of ā€œit took Goldman Sachs telling you this to figure it out?ā€

[insert ā€œitā€™s one banana how much could it costā€ gif here]

8 Likes

Man, they should get him to play Trump on SNL. Or is it too over the top?

3 Likes

Itā€™s so messed up that we have a president that uses the threat of impeachment as a ploy to gain votes. That itā€™s all a fucking game. That his only concern isnā€™t being looked back as someone that put kids in cages, rolled back civil rights, rolled back environmental protections, used every opportunity to profit from public service, let thousands of US citizens die because indifference, cozied up to dictators and strongmen, got into a senseless trade war with no end game - but as someone that was impeached.

15 Likes

Do you want a singularity? Because thatā€™s how you get a singularityā€¦

4 Likes

Singularity as in black hole that devours our solar system?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the one.

3 Likes

Good read:

7 Likes