šŸ–• šŸŠ šŸ¤” A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events šŸ–• šŸŠ šŸ¤”

Now would be a good time for an errant drone strike.

Itā€™s Thanksgiving; Iā€™d give thanksā€¦

6 Likes

ETA: basically, itā€™s showing how entrenched the ā€œdear leaderā€ rhetoric has become. Be very afraid. The next election will be a fight.

8 Likes
14 Likes

Well, he is not wrong. He has made ā€œa tremendous difference.ā€ And I am certain foreign leaders ā€œcanā€™t believe the difference in strength between now and two years ago.ā€ (Hasnā€™t he been in office 3 years?) Itā€™s just that those things do not mean what he thinks they meanā€¦

15 Likes

Nominating Marshall Billingslea to a human rights post is some deeply cynical shit.

9 Likes

Or absolutely typical Trump.

9 Likes

I know I shouldnā€™t be surprised, but fuckā€™s sake, this is a guy who advocated for the torture of detainees in US custody. Itā€™s an order of magnitude worse than putting a dipshit like Perry in charge of the DOE or positioning Mulvaney to dismantle the CPB. Truly, the worst fucking timeline.

9 Likes

He put a guy who advocated for nuking Afghanistan in charge of arms control. So yeah, right on message.

13 Likes

Well - maybe they could say this publicly- or heaven forbid- do something.

26 Likes

The article says it all: they will not do anything until the support from the base goes.

And TPTB know it. That is why radio hosts are getting fired mid-show for saying things critical of Trump, and why certain news stories donā€™t get reported at Fox or Breitbart. Why Schiffā€™s testimony is not aired on Sinclair owned TV stations. It is all about maintaining the unreality bubble to keep those poll numbers up.

10 Likes

torture

TEE OH ARR TEE YOO ARR EE

The Washington Post should already know how to spell this word

13 Likes

He got kicked off stageā€¦ for his sexist attack on Joy Beharā€¦ by his own employees at the venue he ownsā€¦

14 Likes

Thank goodness then, that they spelled it right in the title of the article (truncated above by the one box) ā€“ Top human rights post goes vacant as Trump nominee confronts links to post-9/11 torture program. And I know Iā€™m relieved that they spelled it correctly the other ten times it was used in the body of the Billingslea piece.

Trump and company are trying to embed a kakistocracy in the administrative state and the federal judiciary. What they are doing will hobble the US government for generations. But by all means, letā€™s ignore all that and focus on the editorial standards of the Washington Post.

3 Likes

Well, the dudeā€™s nearly 50 and his persona dictates that he has to support Trump, so I guess heā€™s decided itā€™s time to go full Nuge.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Why though? I mean I wouldnā€™t mind potato pancakes being added to McDonaldā€™s breakfast menu.

8 Likes

Wait, thatā€™s actually pretty cool of her. Iā€™m so confused now! She is a Trumpā€¦ She acted in a way that was not assholeyā€¦ This does not compute!

10 Likes

I donā€™t equate her with being a Trump per se, but I would ssy sheā€™s more of a hostage now that had no idea what she was getting herself into when she married him. Kind of like a low-level criminal getting a loan from a local guy, and later realizing heā€™s gotta pay a vig.

7 Likes
9 Likes

With Hillaryā€™s loss weā€™ve already been denied the promise of a taco truck on every corner, but Iā€™ll take latkes at every fast food restaurant as a consolation prize.

Unlike the other Trumps, she was required to learn the Constitution.

14 Likes