🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

Yet again proving his Afghanistan trip was a pure bullshit distraction technique. Your taxpayer dollars at work.

ETA

8 Likes

Everything but the grift is bullshit with this admin.

14 Likes

If A Few Good Men were made today, the postscript would read that Jessup would have been promoted to general and allowed to retire, Kaffee would have been stripped of his rank and fired, the three convicted soldiers would have had their rank restored and given an honorable discharge, and Santiago would have been further smeared by the establishment and his death ruled a suicide.

ETA as an aside, this is such a fucking great film

9 Likes

“YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH… So I’m gonna rewrite it a little”

8 Likes

“Only then will we see eye to eye!”

giphy%20(9)

9 Likes

Except for condemning the token bad guy Jessup, the movie was reverent and credulous toward the military, and particularly the premise that the troops at Guantanamo are saving us from scary evil Cuba

Aaron Sorkin in a nutshell

5 Likes

That is an excellent point.

14 Likes

All of that, and gerrymandering, taking voters off the rolls, and – let’s face it – hoping that Russia gets their shitty hands into 2020.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’m not so sure about that. It was very sympathetic towards the rank and file folks, but the higher ups were almost all portrayed as corrupt scumbags.

2 Likes

The official was right. A huge mistake can be apparent, but how many smaller errors are not noticed? And, seriously, a “feature” for filing fake ballots? Who could have thought, “this is great! What could possibly go wrong?” We are so so so screwed. Il Douche loses, cries fraud and invalidates the election and we have true civil war. Hot or cold, but war and it will be ugly.

5 Likes

Fred Clark nailed it again, comparing a stupid con people use to try to get a lower price on store items to the state of the union right now:

12 Likes

You can always tell the ones he didn’t write. And even so, there was a generation lost to AIDS because it was just gay men dying.

Why the focus now? One presumes because the opioid epidemic made it a risk for straight, white grandmas.

10 Likes

It’s also become a safe, innocuous way to do some empty virtue-signaling.

11 Likes

No surprises here. Not even sending an attorney to come and answer questions seems like a great way to further allow house democrats to shape the narrative, so I say well done.

13 Likes

They know full well he’d f it up somehow in the first 20 mins. I bet that they had to tie him down with KFC buckets to get him to back down.

5 Likes

I’m sure that there will be KFC at the House hearing.

5 Likes

There is no bottom.

19 Likes

Fascist rule #254: After you’ve stopped people from doing the right thing, punish them for even trying.

See also Scott Warren and No More Deaths (The guy arrested for leaving water in the desert for migrants…)

11 Likes

*slaps a $10 bill hard on the table *

Who wants to bet he has several deals in Ukraine and that we are going to get a ton of documents proving it? I’ll throw in an extra 5 dollar bill in that bet if it involved russian oligarch cash too.

15 Likes