🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

“Everything I do during this, I’m coordinating with the White House counsel,” McConnell said. “There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can.”

He added later that “exactly how we go forward I’m going to coordinate with the president’s lawyers, so there won’t be any difference between us on how to do this.”

And then he said that “I’m going to take my cues from the president’s lawyers.”

McConnell also, notably, said there is “no chance” Trump will be removed from office. This, he indicated, is why he’s not treating the trial with much regard.

Nice of Mitch to get it all out in the open like that. Trump will get his circus in the Senate, and then he’ll be acquitted. There’s no line that the Republicans won’t cross and no harm so grave they they won’t inflict it on the republic.

I’m going on a bender until this shitshow is over. Wake me up when American Johnson’s third term ends.

17 Likes
15 Likes

Should we start a BBS pool on when this becomes a literal actual talking point? I give it 6 months.

13 Likes

Space Force is go, go, go! Because we have a child as President of the United States

[…]
Making everything that much more Trumpian, it appears the Space Force got approved because the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner took time away from restoring peace in the Middle East to reach an agreement with the president’s daughter, who looks lovely in a dress and, yes, is also Kushner’s wife, to keep paid parental leave in if the Super Space Force was also left in.
It’s hard to imagine a more wonderful, warming example of the Christmas spirit, and its ability to bring families together.

[…]
It’s not yet known if the Space Force will also adopt the new uniform the president has reportedly drawn on a big pad and colored-in really well.

7 Likes

And if they are getting deported to Norway (as the arrow indicates), how do I get on that list? :wink:

11 Likes

i totally agree.

i agree with that as well.

they’ve already left the republican party at this point. the only thing that might make a difference would be if trump started hunting down republican senators and killing them. even there might be a few who would be willing to sacrifice themselves to keep trump in office.

10 Likes

in 2005 i read an editorial arguing against john kerry being given some kind of an award because he had tried to remove the illustrious george w bush from office.

6 Likes

"Also reinforcing what I’ve been saying about how the antivaccine movement has successfully packaged its message in the language of small government anti-government conservatives and libertarians, in particular the language of “parental rights” and opposition to regulation, the vote split along party lines, with all Republicans voting against it and all Democrats voting for it, with Republicans saying after the vote:

State Sen. Michael Testa, R-Cumberland, voted no, calling the legislation “unconstitutional and un-American.”

State Sen. Gerald Cardinale, R-Bergen, said he doesn’t oppose vaccines but voted no because “I am not going to take away people’s rights.”

“Even though I would make a different choice from the people in this room, it’s their right to be wrong,” Cardinale said. “It’s their own right to follow their conscience.”

This echoes perfectly the observation made by my now fortunately ex-state representative Jeff Noble that the Republicans on the Health Policy Committee in Michigan are the only ones receptive to vaccine choice initiatives, while the Democrats won’t even consider them and want to “shove vaccines down your throat (or arm).”

Rejecting facts and substituting histrionics has become pretty much the Republican thing, has it not?

12 Likes

Very few illegal norwegians. But really, whither Poland??

4 Likes

I’ll put $20 on early March.

5 Likes

And what is this person’s stance on abortion, I wonder?

10 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

I mean, I guess kudos for his honesty. He’s all but admitted over the past few weeks that he has no intention on there being a fair trial, and that it will all be for show. I would be shocked at this point if any trial in the Senate is anything more than a prolonged campaign rally.

The “law and order” party, indeed.

8 Likes

jury foreman at least, to be sure…

3 Likes

Even Mitch is saying something shady is going on!

3 Likes

Sure. Tweeting while being glued to the john is Trump’s idea of multi-tasking.

19 Likes

So…the tweets are those flushes he’s been droning ion about?

4 Likes

Be Best. Unless you feel like being something else because a 16-year-old girl made you angry. Then it’s fine.

21 Likes