🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

It’s like… I hope Bolton doesn’t go to prison because obviously that would be a step further down the path of authoritarianism. On the other hand, on a very microscopic level, I’d like to see Bolton go to prison.

13 Likes

I don’t get it with the hardcore MAGA folks gloating about Iowa caucuses on twitter right now.

Dude, your guy got impeached (but not removed) over a shitty plan they planned to use against the guy they thought was going to win the primaries but has started to teeter out for many reasons OUTSIDE of what drama they attempted to stir up about what his son may or may not have did in Ukraine. Why on earth are they acting like that was a victory for themselves?

Well trying to get back onto a lighter note, here’s Triumph The Insult Comic Dog dressed up as John Bolton trying to get onto the floor with the Senate with the actual John Bolton.

3 Likes

Because they don’t think about politics with anywhere near that kind of complexity.

He “won” the “whole impeachment thing.” Now he’s “won” the whole “Dems in Iowa is a shitshow” thing. In each case, “end of story” (in their minds).

11 Likes

Our argument is that Trump did illegal things for a stupid reason, employing incompetent people, and fucked even those up meaning Trump is unfit and shitty. Their counterargument is that their team had the votes in the senate.

I read recently that you can’t argue with a fascist because their counter-argument is to string you up in the square. The only thing that counts to them is power.

18 Likes

The most accurate summary of our current situation I have read.

11 Likes

Public Enemy had it right all along.

Insert Fight the Power here.

6 Likes

"Pressed by Toleukhanova from Radio Azattyq on what message his attacks on NPR send, Pompeo doubled down, saying, “It’s a perfect message. It’s a perfect message about press freedoms.”

Because in their world the press is entirely free so long as it agrees with them and covers for them. There are no press freedoms to disagree with or discredit the authorities.

9 Likes

A perfect message is an event in which a rare combination of circumstances drastically aggravates the event. The term is used by analogy to an unusually severe message that results from a rare combination of scatological phenomena.

(Much like a perfect storm or a perfect phone call.)

5 Likes

public-enemy-fight-power

11 Likes

Never badder than bad cause the brother is madder than mad At the fact that’s corrupt as a senator Soul on a roll but you treat it like soap on a rope because the beats and the lies are so dope?

3 Likes

Bolton should definitely be in prison, just not for making Trump angry. It’s like getting Capone on tax fraud instead of, y’know, all the people he killed. Only worse because at least tax fraud is still an actual crimes, as opposed to hurting Donnie’s fee-fees.

7 Likes
20 Likes

People boycotting the state of the union brings Murkowski’s bullshit about how impeachment is creating division to mind. Sure, just don’t remove Trump and the division will heal, right?

9 Likes

Even the small, simple, otherwise-inconsequential things are under attack. Why does this have to be a thing?

(It’s fascism. It’s always fascism. Fascists love neoclassical work that can be used to create associations between their government and ancient cultures and civilizations like Rome.)

19 Likes

It’s McMansions that really capture Trump’s sense of style and proportion. I’m mildly surprised that he isn’t mandating all Federal Buildings be assembled from a Toll Brothers option sheet, with heavily gold-leafed interiors.

9 Likes

You simply cannot make this shit up. Bizarro World had it better.

17 Likes

:face_with_monocle: :flushed: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

16 Likes

When the Limbaugh cancer story first dropped, I considered making a post asking for odds on how long until Rush got the Medal of Honor.

11 Likes

For the most part, pretty deserving the people who have recieved that medal. There are some real garbage recipients though:

(Some of the worse ones like Cosby, it wasn’t widely known at the time)

11 Likes

16 Likes