🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

This is both galling and mind-boggling. Institutions truly will not save us.

President Trump has long made it a practice to tear up his papersand throw them away. It is a clear violation of the Presidential Records Act, which is supposed to prevent another Watergate-style cover-up. When the National Archives sent staff members to tape these records together, the White House fired them.

In 2017, a normally routine document released by the archives, a records retention schedule, revealed that archivists had agreed that officials from Immigration and Customs Enforcement could delete or destroy documents detailing the sexual abuse and death of undocumented immigrants. Tens of thousands of people posted critical comments, and dozens of senators and representatives objected. The National Archives made some changes to the plan, but last month it announced that ICE could go ahead and start destroying records from Mr. Trump’s first year, including detainees’ complaints about civil rights violations and shoddy medical care.

It’s not just ICE. The Department of the Interior and the National Archives have decided to delete files on endangered species, offshore drilling inspections and the safety of drinking water. The department even claimed that papers from a case where it mismanaged Native American land and assets — resulting in a multibillion-dollar legal settlement — would be of no interest to future historians (or anyone else).

10 Likes

13 Likes
8 Likes

5 Likes

Why has Stormy Daniels never been invited to SOTU? Too expensive?

6 Likes
14 Likes

pelosi-stayhipp

21 Likes

I cheered when she did that.
Then I wept for our country.

9 Likes

I missed it. What’s she ripping in half?

6 Likes

A copy of his speech.

11 Likes

Woah. I did see that he refused to shake her hand. Probably right before this.

11 Likes

Her copy of the SOTU speech. Worth noting that Trump snubbed her earlier by not accepting her handshake when she handed him his speech.

13 Likes

Tit for that, Preznit Tinyhands.

11 Likes

Cue all the butthurt righties unironically whinging about norms, decorum, and tradition.

15 Likes

I’m just waiting for some Dem to finally lose it and horse-whip some GOPer with a cane, Brooks-on-Sumner style…

11 Likes

Guess she’ll be starting new impeachment hearings. Start before they reach a verdict Nancy - and use inherent contempt- arrest those who refuse to honor their subpoenas.

14 Likes

This really is what she should do. It ain’t over.

1 Like

After snubbing the presiding leader of Congress during a joint session, when he’s there at the invitation of Congress, shredding his speech at the end was justified.

eta: Spare-wheel Pence was wearing his leader of the Senate hat, and there’s a reason Trump is positioned in front of and below them.

9 Likes

As was skipping the usual “I have the high privilege and distinct honor of introducing” for just “ Ladies and gentlemen- the President of the United States”.

Sick Speaker burns both.

11 Likes

Just after Trump ended his speech Tuesday night, Pelosi dramatically ripped up a copy of it. Asked about it as she left the chamber, she replied, “it was the courteous thing to do considering the alternatives.”

/considering the alternatives :thinking:

13 Likes