🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

I saw Michael Moore saying (a couple weeks ago) that removal was possible. By Moore’s count there were 10 GOP senators who might vote to remove in fear of their seat and 10 who might based on their conscience. It was overly optimistic and I assume Moore knew that, but at least they only overestimated those with a conscience by 9.

9 Likes

Strap in, it’s gonna be a long fight.

19 Likes

So, it’s 6 pm Eastern, how long does the vote take?

ETA: Aw, fuck.

Expected, but aw fuck just the same.

7 Likes
14 Likes

It’s done… they voted. They acquitted…

jessica-jones-kilgrave-surprise

18 Likes

eWGLi3t

14 Likes

I know, but it’s not like we did not know this outcome, given McConnell’s comments at the beginning of this sham.

18 Likes

I try to have hope. And honestly I am not surprised that Romney was the one who gave a glimmer of that. I never liked him as a candidate but always thought he was a good person.

I just…ugh.

Edit: I am holding out hope that there will be more testimony and facts coming out that even more and more damning of Nostradumbass. And that it will lead to an open embarrassment for the complicit GOP.

I hope anyway.

8 Likes
5 Likes

It turns out Romney is actually Theon.

5 Likes
6 Likes

What a Chad!

Seriously, though, how is that constitutional?

6 Likes

Well, by the Dershowitz Doctrine …

6 Likes

It’s not, and should lose 45 votes upstate.

7 Likes

Hmmm, 45 sounds about like the right amount, sadly.

5 Likes

Should’ve stuck a word in front of 45, I suppose. How’s about “occupant”?

6 Likes

Orange shitstain, plz

I was just joking (then realized my joke probably isn’t far from true…)

6 Likes

Oh, we didn’t have to wait too long:

POLITICO: DOJ reviews allegation that Erik Prince misled Congress in Russia probe.

I don’t know if this is good or bad, but the timing is real interesting.

And would Prince & a Putin lackey meeting/exchanging cash be the final High Crime and Misdemeanor? After a no-witness sham?

Because: That’d be real interesting

6 Likes

I spent a bit of time trying to figure out if it was legal to deny citizens reentry back into the US based on their home residence.

Seems like it’d be subject to challenge in the courts, and probably fail if it made its way up to the SCOTUS. But… One more court appointment and this administration can push bullshit like that through.

8 Likes

Because sure, why the fuck not.

13 Likes