🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

That was my immediate thought too. I always joked around the house that they would just copy Star Trek, but then they actually did and a military man waved the flag like it was his penis.

I’m not sure what people can convince themselves to like about this whole mess.

10 Likes

The ruling class needs a warrior class that will uncritical and unthinkingly defend their riches.

9 Likes

dany-this

13 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Cops traffic humans for sex and then jail them for the cops literally screwing them.

Reminder that American cops are a legalized gang protected by state and federal prosecutors’ offices.

16 Likes

tl;dr: they are just trying to tr*ll the libs

5 Likes

“Operation ASIAN TOUCH”, no less.

12 Likes

That prompted 10 senators to look into how sweeping Trump believes his emergency powers are.

They have asked to see this administration’s Presidential Emergency Action Documents, or PEADs. The little-known, classified documents are essentially planning papers.

The documents don’t give a president authority beyond what’s in the Constitution. But they outline what powers a president believes that the Constitution gives him to deal with national emergencies. The senators think the documents would provide them a window into how this White House interprets presidential emergency powers.

Trump (or one of Jared’s frat pack) is probably looking at the cold war stuff, and ignoring that they assume that the other branches of government are radioactive slag. (i.e. the President could appoint Supreme Court justices if there was no Congress. Provisionally and outside the Constitution, with the goal of reestablishing the full government.)

10 Likes
27 Likes

Interesting microcosm of larger events in this:

10 Likes

:rofl:

but srsly it’s interesting how The Man has been able to recuperate nominally subversive creations like Fight Club and The Matrix while the authors are still around, and just as pissed about it as we are

9 Likes

Throwing cash into stock buy-backs to keep the price jacked, while the business tanks.

That’s why I get mad at people who equate the stock market with the economy.

8 Likes

I don’t get why the narrator thinks it’s too late for HD to do now what it “should have done 40 years ago”

or why he cares about any of it

but it’s like that Simpsons joke about Fox News, “Not racist, but #1 with racists!”

Harley Davidson deliberately marketed itself as the favored brand of bigots, chauvinists, and gangsters

If it goes under? Not a problem

6 Likes

He also somewhat underplays the point that the problem with 1980’s and 90’s Harleys wasn’t just that they were overpriced and marketed to arseholes, it was also that they were really badly engineered bikes. Slow, unreliable, bad handling.

You can get away with prestige pricing if your bikes are actually decent (eg: BMW, Ducati), but trying to charge a premium for a product that is notably inferior to the budget opposition? Nah.

10 Likes

It’s like a Mandelbrot set of badness, zooming endlessly inward on more reasons to buy something else

5 Likes

The republicans are doing SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB TRYING TO WIN OVER YOUNG VOTERS

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1262390016946376705

Fremont school board member Michael Petersen called on Sasse to apologize. On his public Facebook page, Petersen said, “You deserved better than the graduation remarks from Senator Ben Sasse. The racism, implying that our graduates are fat and lazy, disparaging teachers, and attacking the mental health profession are despicable.”

13 Likes

Shityy indeed. I’m sure nominating doddering, oldschool-handsy Uncle Joe will appeal much more to young voters. :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeah. ‘Essentially a tractor, but sawed in half down the middle’ isn’t indicative of good R&D.

3 Likes

This 2 minute excerpt from the beginning of it is just an absolute disaster from start to finish.

The part where he says that people will sometimes just ask you to climb ropes for no reason almost lands, but then he immediately steps on his own delivery by calling everyone watching fat.

9 Likes