A crazy multi-tool that fits in my glove box

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/23/a-crazy-multi-tool-that-fits-i.html

1 Like

Something that multi-tool doesn’t in fact have?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just buy a real set of tools and put them in a box in your trunk. This think is bad at every individual tool on it.

4 Likes

I carry real tools too.

1 Like

You carry real tools, a “multi-tool axe” and you want to add this thing to your glovebox?
What kinda situations are you expecting to run into?!

1 Like

And I also have a Leatherman.

2 Likes

I often wonder how many different factories in China are making these things. Every wholesale distributor has them, every flea market stall has them, they’re always on sale somewhere for pennies. It’s the sort of tool people buy as throwaway gifts. I’ve never seen one actually used. For all I know, they could be great.

I would just add that I’ve used my Leatherman Wave as a hammer, and it probably worked about as well as this thing would.

2 Likes

Well, I suppose the dingus could double as a hatchet, in case he needs to bury one.

Have a folding shovel.

1 Like

33318587_237772650308209_5490945169144414208_n

6 Likes

It is handsome looking.

I can imagine a scenario where somebody is stuck on the side of the road and might need to use a screwdriver or something and @jlw, being a swell guy, hands them the multi-tool, winks, and says, “Keep it. You might need it later.”

…and that person goes on to write St. Elsewhere.

4 Likes

Thanks!
Do you want me to PM you the delivery address?

1 Like

Looking at it crosseyed I think you could poke a hole in the bung with one of the stabby bits and then lever it out with the pliers handle.

1 Like

Am disappoint, no bung puller shown here!

While nobody has ever bothered me about the Leatherman in a pouch on my belt, I think most people would freak if they saw something with an axe blade instead.

Ah, but where is your towel?

2 Likes

I do not travel without one for each dog, my daughter and I.

1 Like